purple_stars

Default Documents for (Circumnavigation)

ET wrote:
Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and I live
in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.
the most precise soyer that possible and if you have the model of experience
that happened to you and of the something that you had not thought and that
finally you had need in court of voyage.

"world cruising handbook" by jimmy cornell is a good book for this.
it's isbn number is 0-07-137610-0. in that book countries are listed
by region and each country has a description of the country (as it
relates to cruisers), basic country profile, stats about the countries
like public holidays and that kind of thing ... then it has entry
regulations like port of entry, procedures on arrival, customs,
immigration, what fees are involved, etc. it has what shots
(vaccinations) you have to have to get in the country, and it also has
what facilities each country has and that kind of thing, and just
general notes of interest to cruisers. i really enjoy reading this
book, and i usually have another jimmy cornell book "world cruising
routes" nearby also.

BrianH

ray lunder wrote:
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 14:02:41 GMT, Courtney Thomas
wrote:
BrianH wrote:
Evan Gatehouse wrote:
ET wrote:
I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a
circumnavigation. (I know that people of France one a different
regimentation that us to Canada, it is why if you answer me, to
The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central American
countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we visited we
- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)
In Europe, particularly Mediterranean countries, you will be asked for
proof of third party insurance (there is a standard 'blue form') and a
certificate of competence, in addition to the above.

What is the procedure for obtaining a "certificate of competence", please ?
Thank you,
Courtney

maybe just show them your "Power Squadron" sticker.

There is some relevant discussion on the Jimmy Cornell
website - see he
http://www.noonsite.com/Members/doina/R2002-11-29-2

Best, BrianH.