BoatBanter.com

-   -   Documents for (Circumnavigation) (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/67177-documents-circumnavigation.html)

ET March 2nd 06 10:11 AM

Documents for (Circumnavigation)

Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and I live
in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.
the most precise soyer that possible and if you have the model of experience
that happened to you and of the something that you had not thought and that
finally you had need in court of voyage.

I let you my e-mail if you have documents that you want to appear to me

Thank you has the advance and good wind!

Don White March 2nd 06 03:13 PM

ET wrote:
Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and I live
in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.
the most precise soyer that possible and if you have the model of experience
that happened to you and of the something that you had not thought and that
finally you had need in court of voyage.

I let you my e-mail if you have documents that you want to appear to me

Thank you has the advance and good wind!

If it's a taste of France you want...why not try this first.
http://www.route-hsp.com/
That would be quite a sail down the St. Lawrence, past PEI, through the
Strait of Canso and east to Saint-Pierre.

Don White March 2nd 06 03:16 PM

ET wrote:
Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and I live
in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.
the most precise soyer that possible and if you have the model of experience
that happened to you and of the something that you had not thought and that
finally you had need in court of voyage.

Actually... it might be shorter for you to stay north of PEIi and Cape
Breton Island while heading East.

ET March 2nd 06 03:40 PM

Documents for (Circumnavigation)

My message is for the Documents to make a circumnavigation not for a place
to go!
:-) Thank you for your answer

Wayne.B March 2nd 06 07:22 PM

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:11:07 -0500, "ET" wrote:

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.

At a minimum you will need vessel documentation/registration papers, a
copy of your insurance policy, radio licenses, passports for all crew,
and possibly dinghy registration. Depending on country you may also
need clearance in/out paperwork and possibly visas.

If you have pets aboard you will need medical records for
innoculations, etc.

Evan Gatehouse March 3rd 06 04:41 AM

ET wrote:
Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and I live
in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a circumnavigation. (I
know that people of France one a different regimentation that us to Canada,
it is why if you answer me, to Specify from where you come.
the most precise soyer that possible and if you have the model of experience
that happened to you and of the something that you had not thought and that
finally you had need in court of voyage.

I let you my e-mail if you have documents that you want to appear to me

Thank you has the advance and good wind!

The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central American
countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we visited we

- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)

Evan Gatehouse

BrianH March 3rd 06 05:48 AM

Evan Gatehouse wrote:
ET wrote:

Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and
I live in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a
circumnavigation. (I know that people of France one a different
regimentation that us to Canada, it is why if you answer me, to
Specify from where you come.

The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central American
countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we visited we

- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)

In Europe, particularly Mediterranean countries, you will be
asked for proof of third party insurance (there is a
standard 'blue form') and a certificate of competence, in
addition to the above.

Keith March 3rd 06 11:47 AM

Documents for (Circumnavigation)

Carry lots of copies of all the documents previously mentioned. A lot
of places will want a copy but not have a copier. Also, make up a
rubber stamp with your ship's name and documentation number with red
ink. For some reason, lots of places like that and it makes stuff
"official". Nice to stamp your books, charts, logs, etc. with too.

Courtney Thomas March 5th 06 02:02 PM

BrianH wrote:
Evan Gatehouse wrote:

ET wrote:

Hello or good evening has all! I am new in the domain of the sail and
I live in Quebec...

I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a
circumnavigation. (I know that people of France one a different
regimentation that us to Canada, it is why if you answer me, to
Specify from where you come.

The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central American
countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we visited we

- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)

In Europe, particularly Mediterranean countries, you will be asked for
proof of third party insurance (there is a standard 'blue form') and a
certificate of competence, in addition to the above.

What is the procedure for obtaining a "certificate of competence", please ?

Thank you,
Courtney

BrianH March 5th 06 03:20 PM

Courtney Thomas wrote:
BrianH wrote:
Evan Gatehouse wrote:
ET wrote:
I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a
circumnavigation. (I know that people of France one a different
regimentation that us to Canada, it is why if you answer me, to
Specify from where you come.

The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central
American countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we
visited we

- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)

In Europe, particularly Mediterranean countries, you will be asked for
proof of third party insurance (there is a standard 'blue form') and a
certificate of competence, in addition to the above.

What is the procedure for obtaining a "certificate of competence", please ?
Thank you,
Courtney

It depends on your nationality and whatever sailing
certificate is valid in your country, something that shows
you have been examined for sailing competence. In other
words, you should have a document issued by the country of
your passport when you arrive at a foreign port of entry.

The European German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria and
Switzerland) have quite a rigorous skipper's certification
requiring a certain number of sea miles to qualify, as well
as examinations. But in my experience, the entry procedures
of some of the European countries accept most any sort of
official-looking document that states that the bearer has
passed some sort of sailing test.

Others state that they require it in their regulations but
don't even ask to see it.

Countries where no formal certificate is necessary to go to
sea in non-commercial command of a pleasure vessel, may have
a simple certificate to enable skippers to cruise abroad -
the UK has the ICC (International Certificate of
Competence), which is not difficult to obtain, unlike the
Yachtmaster certificate that is. Both are accepted in all
countries.

In Croatia they ask for it but if the skipper doesn't have
one then the harbourmaster is tasked to issue one after a
test - for a fee, which is what they are really interested in.

Hope this helps. BrianH.