BrianH

Default Documents for (Circumnavigation)

ray lunder wrote:
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 14:02:41 GMT, Courtney Thomas
wrote:
BrianH wrote:
Evan Gatehouse wrote:
ET wrote:
I wonder what are documents that one has need to make a
circumnavigation. (I know that people of France one a different
regimentation that us to Canada, it is why if you answer me, to
The only documents officials wanted to see in all the Central American
countries (Mexico/El Salvador/Costa Rica/Guatemala) we visited we
- crew passports
- boat registration
(we had a Canadian license, for vessels 15 Gross Tons)
In Europe, particularly Mediterranean countries, you will be asked for
proof of third party insurance (there is a standard 'blue form') and a
certificate of competence, in addition to the above.

What is the procedure for obtaining a "certificate of competence", please ?
Thank you,
Courtney

maybe just show them your "Power Squadron" sticker.

There is some relevant discussion on the Jimmy Cornell
website - see he
http://www.noonsite.com/Members/doina/R2002-11-29-2

Best, BrianH.