Larry DeMers

Default All sailing - all the time.

Roger,

You are not alone. When I reached 50, my reaction time was
slower..noticeably, and flying started to be less fun and more
expensive. So I also quit the club, and continue to watch others
enjoying the air while I enjoy the water.
I miss it though. How much were you paying per hour, wet?

Larry DeMers

Roger Long wrote:

I decided today that I can no longer continue flying in the absurd
insurance environment of today. I've resigned from my flying club and
will be turning in the keys to the plane tomorrow. I feel like
someone died but it does mean that my full energies can now go to the
boat and getting it ready for that trip to Newfoundland and Labrador
in a couple years.

Down to just one mistress.

~^ beancounter ~^

find a partnership on a c-172 or 182 and
share costs...w/10 of us, we fly at just $50
per hour....wet...

Jere Lull

In article .com,
"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:

find a partnership on a c-172 or 182 and share costs...w/10 of us, we
fly at just $50 per hour....wet...

Oh gosh, and 20 years ago I thought $20 was too much.... I had to stop
in about '85 when insurance went so high that about two thirds of the
small airports closed in our area (Central Jersey).

Do miss the flying, but sailing with my lady is far more satisfying.

--
Jere Lull
~^ beancounter ~^

yea, sailing is sweet...i liked soaring and sailing...they went well
together...lots of like kind terms and concepts...imho..