chuck

Default Stove alcohol - how dangerous?

What size and type of boat do you have, Steve?

Chuck

Steve Lusardi wrote:
Rodger,
Fire is the biggest risk in boating, very few events can be more
catastrophic than a fire on board a boat. All heat sources represent some
risk, but volatile hydrocarbons represent the greatest risks. I will not
carry gasoline, LP gas, CNG or alcohol. I carry only diesel and everything
on the boat is electric. I think diesel electric represents the lowest risk.
You may choose differently. Diesel electric solutions are not only the
safest, but they also offer low weight, simplicity, ease of use and the
smallest consumption of space.
Steve

"Roger Long" wrote in message

I can't recall seeing anything definitive on this topic.

If that bottle of stove alcohol in your cockpit locker leaks and drains
into the bilge, how much danger is there of explosion or fire?

--

Roger Long