Default Google Earth Placemarks for Dangerous Locations ?

Has anybody made a Google Earth presentation to
show dangerous locations around the world where
we may encounter unpredictable or unavoidable
storms, rogue waves, pirates, sea mines, etc. ?

I don't know enough to do this myself but here are
some of the dangerous locations along the world's
major sailing routes which I've read about :

Bay of Biscay
Offshore in the Pacific Northwest
Between Panama and Aruba
Gulf of Tehuantepec
Gulf of Papagayo
Red Sea
Tasman Sea
East coast of South Africa
Between the South Pacific and New Zealand
~^ beancounter ~^

now, why would their legal department let them
do that?

Larry

Wayne.B wrote in
:

Look for the notations in small print that say "There be pirates
here". Arrgh matey, there be pirates here.

You talkin' about Boat/US or West Marine....hee hee...(c;

d parker

wrote in message
k.net...

Between the South Pacific and New Zealand

Umm is the South pacific to the east or west of NZ? Er um.. or is it north
or south of it?

DP

Wayne.B

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:59:07 -0500, Larry wrote:

You talkin' about Boat/US or West Marine....hee hee...(c;

Arrrgh indeed.

The trouble with WM is that they have become so ubiquitous and
convenient that the path of least resistance is just to pay up and be
on your way. Time (my time) is money also, and you've got to admit
that their service and returns policy are first rate.

Wayne.B

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:13:40 +1100, "d parker"
wrote:

Umm is the South pacific to the east or west of NZ? Er um.. or is it north
or south of it?

==============

Yes.

"d parker" wrote:

wrote in message

Between the South Pacific and New Zealand

Umm is the South pacific to the east or west of NZ? Er um..
or is it north or south of it?

According to Wikipedia, New Zealand is in the south-western
Pacific Ocean. Does this imply that the South Pacific is to
the east of NZ ?
Larry

Wayne.B wrote in
:

The trouble with WM is that they have become so ubiquitous

That's ok as long as they don't become omnipotent...(c;

Wayne.B

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:50:10 -0500, Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

The trouble with WM is that they have become so ubiquitous

That's ok as long as they don't become omnipotent...(c;

I believe the last person to claim ubiquitous omnipotence was struck
by lightening...

Funny that no one mentioned lightening as a sailing hazzard. I know
of at least half a dozen boats that have been hit, one twice in one
day, and another one or two sunk at the dock due to vaporized thru
hull fittings.