Courtney Thomas

Default electric blankets

Don White wrote:
Ken Heaton wrote:

This is another source for 12 volt electric blankets.
http://www.electrowarmth.com/index.htm Actually these aren't blankets
but pads, they go on the mattress under the sheets instead of over
you. We have a 120 volt one home and love it.

We used to have an electric blanket unril I read somewhere about the
dangers of having an electro-magnetic field so close. Never used the
blanket again.... now I generate my own heat. :-()

Haven't heard about this. Any source on information ?

Thank you,
Courtney

Don White

Courtney Thomas wrote:
Don White wrote:

Ken Heaton wrote:

This is another source for 12 volt electric blankets.
http://www.electrowarmth.com/index.htm Actually these aren't
blankets but pads, they go on the mattress under the sheets instead
of over you. We have a 120 volt one home and love it.

We used to have an electric blanket unril I read somewhere about the
dangers of having an electro-magnetic field so close. Never used the
blanket again.... now I generate my own heat. :-()

Haven't heard about this. Any source on information ?

Thank you,
Courtney

Most recent warnings are about risk of fire...
but I did a search using "electric blanket" + "electro-magnetic field"
(probably could use EMF also) and a number of sites popped up.
What's believable on the internet????
I don't know for sure but do believe in playing it safe
http://www.enotalone.com/article/2708.html
http://brain101.info/EMF.php

chuck

The foil is unnecessary. It is well-known that all human cells are
completely immune to all electromagnetic fields and non-ionizing
radiation, without regard to intensity, orientation, or frequency. Well,
except for radar, radio transmitters, microwave ovens, and at most maybe
just one other thing that is probably of no importance.

Do I have that right?

Chuck

Dennis Lee wrote:
All you need to do is wrap yourself in aluminum foil. Not just your head -
that only works to protect you from satellite spying.

"Don White" wrote in message
news
Courtney Thomas wrote:

Don White wrote:

Ken Heaton wrote:

[...]

Gordon

Now I know what gets into the old lady every once in a while!!!
It's the hair blower/dryer!!!!!!!!
Too close to the brain! Fry time !!!
So its not pms after all!!!! I wondered why she still had pms at her age!

hlink.net...

Dennis Lee wrote:
All you need to do is wrap yourself in aluminum foil. Not just your

head -
that only works to protect you from satellite spying.

"Don White" wrote in message
news
Courtney Thomas wrote:

Don White wrote:

Ken Heaton wrote:

[...]

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dennis Lee wrote:
All you need to do is wrap yourself in aluminum foil. Not just your head -
that only works to protect you from satellite spying.

TESTEMONIAL: I tried this and it works! However, it's very hard to
type, so I stopped.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Rich Schultz

There is one other thing to keep in mind with the inverter setup. I tried
using one and found that the blanket would NOT work with a square wave
inverter. It needed a true sine wave. I can't imagine that the problem is
in the resistive heating but suppose it is in the control unit. I have
heard from others reporting the same problem.

Rich
"richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks everyone . Great info as always.

8906

I find that well made sleeping bags get plenty warm from body heat.
But I use heating pads or small heating blankets to warm them up
before entry cuz I'm a woos on real cold nights and that first
5 minutes inside is much nicer when it's already warm.