Courtney Thomas

Default which vacuum-sealer for bluewater cruising ?

What is the experience and observation of those having used a vacuum
sealer for various items, larger and small, regarding those currently on
the market ?

Thank you,

Courtney
Da Kine

My wife started using one and stopped due to no need. As it turned out,
we found that no matter where we sailed, there were always people and
they usually had some form of food to eat so we eat what they had to
sell. The cool thing is that our boat came 4 inches back out of the
water and we met a lot of people.

Preasure cookers on our boat are referred to as the damn pot - just
another note about what you don't really need.

Geoff Schultz

My fiance considers a vacuum sealer indespensible. She recommends a Tilla
Foodsaver model 550 or above. You want to be able to independently control
the vacuum and sealing functions.

We seal everything from food to spares and electronics. Food stuffs will
last MUCH longer without the humidity getting to them. It also keeps the
bugs from getting into things and if something leaks, it's contained.

We have a very well provisioned boat and we purchase hard to find items when
we see them. When we want them, we've got them. If you want to eat only
what you can find in local markets, then you won't need one for food. We
like to eat in the same manner that we do when we're at home.

-- Geoff

Courtney Thomas wrote in news:0HBDf.8316$rH5.4357
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

What is the experience and observation of those having used a vacuum
sealer for various items, larger and small, regarding those currently on
the market ?

Thank you,

Courtney

Why do people buy cruising catamarans ? [email protected] Cruising 122 July 22nd 18 03:05 PM
35s5 Not vacuum bagged! Bob Crantz ASA 2 January 9th 06 03:22 PM
MacGregor 25 & Bahamas Cruising JR Lomas Cruising 15 December 7th 05 04:50 PM
Cruising RPM vs. WOT TJF General 7 November 15th 05 12:23 PM