Geoff Schultz

Default which vacuum-sealer for bluewater cruising ?

My fiance considers a vacuum sealer indespensible. She recommends a Tilla
Foodsaver model 550 or above. You want to be able to independently control
the vacuum and sealing functions.

We seal everything from food to spares and electronics. Food stuffs will
last MUCH longer without the humidity getting to them. It also keeps the
bugs from getting into things and if something leaks, it's contained.

We have a very well provisioned boat and we purchase hard to find items when
we see them. When we want them, we've got them. If you want to eat only
what you can find in local markets, then you won't need one for food. We
like to eat in the same manner that we do when we're at home.

-- Geoff

Courtney Thomas wrote in news:0HBDf.8316$rH5.4357
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

What is the experience and observation of those having used a vacuum
sealer for various items, larger and small, regarding those currently on
the market ?

Thank you,

Courtney