GBM

Default Cheap Flights to Abacos???

We have been checking flights from Florida to Abacos. Quotations have been
$400+ return.

Does anyone know if this is normal, or are there less expensive fares?

Ideally, we would like to fly to Treasure Cay, but Marsh Harbour would also
be OK.

If we are driving, a more northerly Departure would be preferable - Maybe
Daytona. If flying in, Miami or Lauderdale would be OK.

GBM

sherwindu

Have you checked with Chaulks SeaPlane Service? Not sure what their situation
is
after the unfortunate accident last month in Miami, the first I believe they
have ever
had with any passengers aboard.

GBM wrote:

We have been checking flights from Florida to Abacos. Quotations have been
$400+ return.

Does anyone know if this is normal, or are there less expensive fares?

Ideally, we would like to fly to Treasure Cay, but Marsh Harbour would also
be OK.

If we are driving, a more northerly Departure would be preferable - Maybe
Daytona. If flying in, Miami or Lauderdale would be OK.

GBM

just me

I happened to check American this morning.
Dallas to Marsh Harbor thru Miami, $375. round trip

GBM

Thanks, That is much lower than anything I have seen.

I have prices from Myrtle Beach to Treasure Cay of about $670 return or
Daytona to Treasure Cay of $$412 return (including all taxes and fees).

We are checking through Travel agent to see if they can do better. Will also
check and see if marsh harbour opens up more flights.

Not sure if Chaulks fly into marsh harbour or Treasure cay, but will check.

"just me" wrote in message
I happened to check American this morning.
Dallas to Marsh Harbor thru Miami, $375. round trip

sherwindu

Actually, I'm seeing on the web where Chalks service has been suspended and is
being taken over by Continental Airlines. This maybe only a temporary
situation.
It seems that Chalks only flew to Bimini and Nasau, so you would have to take
one
of the mail boats to Marsh Harbor if you used their service.

Sherwin D.

"just me" wrote in message
I happened to check American this morning.
Dallas to Marsh Harbor thru Miami, $375. round trip

Build Your own refrigeration - cheap parts for engine drive and 110VAC dual system Skip Gundlach Boat Building 0 December 19th 05 06:31 PM
Mississippi Sailboats cheap! Need a FEMA trailor? Joe ASA 2 December 12th 05 04:19 PM
Cheap Hi-Tech Thrills *JimH* General 12 October 31st 05 01:03 PM
Where to get cheap props? [email protected] General 15 October 23rd 05 06:38 AM