*JimH*

Default Cheap Hi-Tech Thrills

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
OK, so I'm a little behind the times with some goodies.
One of my clients got rid of all its PCs with floppy drives with floppy
drives, which created a minor problem for me because for years I've been
delivering the stuff I write for it on floppies and sometimes via email.
The client's preferred medium was a floppy.

Not that I am a fan of floppies. I ain't. They're too fragile for my
taste. CDs were sometimes problematical, too.

Anyway, I know they've been out for a while, but I never bought one. I did
last week...a half a gig PNY USB "flashdrive" card. All the client's new
machines have USB 2.0 ports, and damn if these little keychain "hard
drives" aren't fast.

Cheap, too. A $10 rebate from PNY made my final cost about a double
sawbuck.

Great for swapping files among the computers at home and the office, too.
FAST.

Did I mention...FAST?

Yep, and cheap as you said. I have been using a 1 gig ScanDisk CruzerMini
for some time now. A very useful tool when indeed.