Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Mississippi Sailboats cheap! Need a FEMA trailor?

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...auctionsQ2ecom

Lots of nice fixer-uppers and it looks like a few new FEMA trailors
thrown into the mix.
************************************************** ************************

Also:

Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans, lashed back at critics after the
FBI discovered that up to 700 so-called members of the city police
force simply did not exist. Funding for many of these officers was
provided by the federal government.

"During the storm and aftermath we'd heard reports that hundreds of
New Orleans police officers had deserted their post," said an FBI
spokesman."

Further investigation indicates that these posts had never been
manned and the funds supposedly paid in wages has disappeared."
"Sure, we overstated the number of officers on the force,"said
Nagin. "We did this to deter crime."

As Nagin explained it, the "phantom officers" were used as a decoy
t "frighten" would-be offenders. "Just as George Washington lit
fake campfires to lull the British troops before his surprise attack
at Princeton, we in New Orleans have employed a similar strategy."

The effectiveness of Nagin's alleged strategy is in doubt, though.
New Orleans has one of the highest crime rates per capita in the
nation.

As for what happened to the funds that were supposed to have paid
police salaries, Nagin asserted that they were used to hire
consultants and purchase computer software needed to sustain New
Orleans' "Virtual Police Force." "The software had to be custom
made," said Nagin. "It's not something you can buy at CompUSA.
Software designers don't come cheap. Neither do the public relations
experts who developed our media campaign."

The media ampaign featured TV spots of various street people
implying that they could be undercover cops. In one ad, an
apparently toothless derelict looks into the camera and says, "I be
watchin' you. So don't you go misbehavin'."

Unimpressed by Nagin's explanation, the FBI asserted it will
continue its investigation.

And Mr. Nagin wants us to give them $40 Billion, no strings attached
and no oversight, to rebuild New Orleans! Step right up volunteers!!!