Default Speaking of fish

One of my employees just gave me about 8 lbs of grouper including
"grouper cheeks" (not sure what that is) that he caught yesterday. So,
it seems we have fish two nights in a row. Anybody know how to grill
it?

News f2s

wrote in message
oups.com...
One of my employees just gave me about 8 lbs of grouper
including
"grouper cheeks" (not sure what that is) that he caught
yesterday. So,
it seems we have fish two nights in a row. Anybody know how to
grill
it?

Cook like a really rare piece of filet steak! The fish goes tough
if you overheat it, and loses taste.

If he's given you a section cut across the backbone, you can make
some great steaks. Cut steaks about one inch thick, and grill on a
really hot fire a *maximum* of 2 minutes each side (turning it
twice), so the inside is still moist but the outside is charred.
The cheeks are probably thinner, needing less time.

If you don't like the idea of the fish being raw in the middle ( I
love it), keep it on a hot plate covered with foil for about five
minutes after cooking - maybe in a 70 degrees C oven (sorry, don't
know the fahrenheit!)

It's a light flavoured fish compared to some, so we paint it with
lemon juice and a touch of chile and soy sauce before serving. But
most people have their own favourite sauce . . .

My mouth is watering . . . we don't get much grouper in England .
.. .

JimB

MMC

We have a stainless plate that sits on the gas grill grate. This keeps the
fish from sticking and falling apart when cooking.
High heat, get the plate hot, a little olive oil, onions first, then the
fish. Cooks fast, so keep an eye on it. Flip once, and when it flakes, it's
done.
Another way I like is in foil with onions, tomatoes, little butter, salt and
pepper for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
Also makes an excellent stew.
wrote in message
oups.com...
One of my employees just gave me about 8 lbs of grouper including
"grouper cheeks" (not sure what that is) that he caught yesterday. So,
it seems we have fish two nights in a row. Anybody know how to grill
it?

Larry

"MMC" wrote in
:

We have a stainless plate that sits on the gas grill grate. This keeps
the fish from sticking and falling apart when cooking.
High heat, get the plate hot, a little olive oil, onions first, then
the fish. Cooks fast, so keep an eye on it. Flip once, and when it
flakes, it's done.
Another way I like is in foil with onions, tomatoes, little butter,
salt and pepper for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
Also makes an excellent stew.

Across the world, seafood restaurants noted a marked increase in sales,
tonight, as usenetters flocked to order grouper, their mouths watering
as they came in the door.

Mine is....(c;

MMC

Yeah, I was sorry I didn't have any fish in the fridge!
We got a lot of experience cooking grouper in Kuwait when I was there after
the Gulf War.
Good reefs just off the beach with lots of fish and rock scallops and
beautiful white shrimp for $3.50 a kilo at the market.
Only hiccup, we didn't get much beer to go with the seafood! Were able to
bring in a home brew kit or 2 when returning from leave....
MMC
"Larry" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote in
:

[...]

We ate Gulf Prawns cooked by the chef of The Marina Club in Manama,
Bahrain, as guests of one of the club's board members during our
shipyard tiger team servicing of the USS LaSalle, one of two white ships
in the USN at Bahrain's port. They are simply delicious right out of
Bahraini Dhows that pull up to the Marina Club's dock to sell them to
the fine cuisine restaurant.

Then, one of the amir's distant relatives dropped by to say hello and
took us for a little ride around the island in his big Cigarette
boat....

I was glad Thursday is the Muslim world's "Saturday"....(c;

I'd go back to Bahrain in an instant. The souk, central market, is like
4000 years old! Many of its buildings have the ends of tree limbs
sticking out that hold the adobe together. Bars of pure gold are melted
down on the sidewalk to be poured into gold wire machines to make hand-
made, 22K, gold filagree jewelry, adorned with real, uncultured, Gulf
pearls found by free-breathing pearl divers who can remain underwater
without breathing aparatus for way-to-many minutes before surfacing for
air.

Great place, amazing people.....no matter what our TelAviv TV says.

Have a little Bahrain with your browser. Meet Mahmood!
http://www.mahmood.tv one of Bahrain's crazy bloggers. His website
has pointers to others. Meet real Arabs and their families and have
some fun.... Mahmood is a good example of the Bahrainis I met in the
kingdom.

MMC

I never made it to Bahrain, but heard a lot of good things from friends and
coworkers.
I enjoyed my time in both Kuwait and Iraq. In Kuwait I didn't get close to
any locals, but really enjoyed the place and the work we were doing.
In Iraq, on the other hand, I dealt with locals in thier environment. Most
were extremely poor by American standards, but happy as long as they were
able to keep the lights on and the kids fed. I found the people I dealt
with, both Sunni and Shiite, were just trying to get by, a lot like people
here, but with a lot less.
I'm saddened by the misconception that all Muslims are anti-American wackos.
They're just people.
Thanks for Mahmood's link. Good site.
MMC

"Larry" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote in
:

[...]

Speaking of batteries for power tools... Terry Spragg Cruising 1 December 7th 05 04:15 PM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM