Jim Cate

Default New Year's Cruise

(Actually, New Year's eve.) Although I had to wear a light jacket part
of the time, the weather was very nice for cruising Saturday, with some
50 or so sailboats out in Galveston bay. Nice steady winds throughout
the afternoon. After some recent maintenance, all the electronics seem
to be performing well. (The transducer for the chart reader had been
having problems.) Also had a new reefing system installed, with lines
led aft. Even on a small boat like the M, I find the autopilot a
significant help for single-handed sailing. - Useful when preparing
lunch, adjusting the rigging, or for sitting on the deck watching the
bow cut through the water. Sort of like magic.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the 2006 sailing season.

Jim

Capt. JG

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

(Actually, New Year's eve.) Although I had to wear a light jacket part of
the time, the weather was very nice for cruising Saturday, with some 50 or
so sailboats out in Galveston bay. Nice steady winds throughout the
afternoon. After some recent maintenance, all the electronics seem to be
performing well. (The transducer for the chart reader had been having
problems.) Also had a new reefing system installed, with lines led aft.
Even on a small boat like the M, I find the autopilot a significant help
for single-handed sailing. - Useful when preparing lunch, adjusting the
rigging, or for sitting on the deck watching the bow cut through the
water. Sort of like magic.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the 2006 sailing season.

Jim

So, does this mean you survived your extended ocean cruise on your MacrapM?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG

That's great!! Did you take pictures? We all want to see the MacrapM in action on the high seas!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote in message
[...]

I was pretty busy on this trip Capt and didn't have much time for
picture taking. I'll try to do a better job next time.
Jim

Capt. JG wrote:

That's great!! Did you take pictures? We all want to see the MacrapM
in action on the high seas!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com http://www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in
message ...

Capt. JG wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

(Actually, New Year's eve.) Although I had to wear a light jacket part of
the time, the weather was very nice for cruising Saturday, with some 50 or
so sailboats out in Galveston bay. Nice steady winds throughout the
afternoon. After some recent maintenance, all the electronics seem to be
performing well. (The transducer for the chart reader had been having
problems.) Also had a new reefing system installed, with lines led aft.
Even on a small boat like the M, I find the autopilot a significant help
for single-handed sailing. - Useful when preparing lunch, adjusting the
rigging, or for sitting on the deck watching the bow cut through the
water. Sort of like magic.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the 2006 sailing season.

Jim

So, does this mean you survived your extended ocean cruise on your MacrapM?

Wayne.B

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:49:31 -0600, Jim Cate wrote:

I find the autopilot a
significant help for single-handed sailing.

==================================

An autopilot is like an extra crew member who never gets bored or
tired, always shows up on time, doesn't eat or occupy a bunk, never
complains, and doesn't drink your beer.

Such a deal.

Capt. JG

Sure... meta message is.... you didn't go anywhere near the ocean on your boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, JG, we did sail the Gulf just as I had stated in my original
note. - Your problem is that you either didn't really take the time to
read my note, or your eyes are going bad and you need to get to an
ophthalmologist, or you are simply getting too old to comprehend
sentences more than five words in length written in standard english.

Incidentally, as I pointed out to you earlier, since my notes seem to
irritate you, you should remember that you really don't have to read
them in the first place. - Just press your "down" key and you can skip
right on by.

Jim

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

I know an ophthamologist!

So, you're claiming that you sailed the Gulf in your MacrapM but didn't take any pictures. That must have been quite a ride!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote in message
[...]

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:58:13 GMT, Commodore Joe Redcloud
wrote:

That's how he behaves in usenet, anyway.

I would respectfully suggest that the two of you take your personal
feud to a less public forum and avoid inflammatory posting in this
group.