Jere Lull

Default Bleeding a diesel engine

In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

Now, why can't boat diesel engines be set up like that? I live in terror
of the boat engine sucking air becaise it will stop and bleeding the
system in a seaway or even at the dock is an exercize in contortion and I
don't pretzileize so well anymore.

Simplicity, probably.

Personally, I can prime our Yanmar in a few minutes now. It all came
together when I realized the pumping happened when the lever was
released, which is counter-intuitive. Of course, we're blessed by a
designer who arranged the engine room so I need only open one of the
doors. See http://members.dca.net/jerelull/Xan-ER.html and drool over
our access.

--
Jere Lull
Bryan

Buy a Westerbeke, they are self bleeding and work great when you run all the
fuel out of the port wing.

Ooops, hey honey would you change too the aft tank?

Thanks honey, click click click, rumble rumble.

Bryan wrote:
Buy a Westerbeke, they are self bleeding and work great when you run all the
fuel out of the port wing.

Ooops, hey honey would you change too the aft tank?

Thanks honey, click click click, rumble rumble.

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

Now, why can't boat diesel engines be set up like that? I live in terror
of the boat engine sucking air becaise it will stop and bleeding the
system in a seaway or even at the dock is an exercize in contortion and I
don't pretzileize so well anymore.

Simplicity, probably.

Personally, I can prime our Yanmar in a few minutes now. It all came
together when I realized the pumping happened when the lever was
released, which is counter-intuitive. Of course, we're blessed by a
designer who arranged the engine room so I need only open one of the
doors. See http://members.dca.net/jerelull/Xan-ER.html and drool over
our access.

--

I actually had this happen to me with my Yanmar 2GM because my fuel
guage does not work in spite of numerous fixes. Fortunately, I also

Jere Lull

new or rebuilt engine? richard Cruising 8 December 7th 05 05:44 PM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
WEAR-FREE COLD ENGINE STARTS -prelubrication oil system Mic Cruising 0 November 11th 05 04:58 AM
Winterizing Checklist Skipper General 27 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
simple diesel engine question wblakesx Boat Building 4 October 15th 05 04:38 PM