Jere Lull

Default Bleeding a diesel engine

In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

Now, why can't boat diesel engines be set up like that? I live in terror
of the boat engine sucking air becaise it will stop and bleeding the
system in a seaway or even at the dock is an exercize in contortion and I
don't pretzileize so well anymore.

Simplicity, probably.

Personally, I can prime our Yanmar in a few minutes now. It all came
together when I realized the pumping happened when the lever was
released, which is counter-intuitive. Of course, we're blessed by a
designer who arranged the engine room so I need only open one of the
doors. See http://members.dca.net/jerelull/Xan-ER.html and drool over
our access.

--
Jere Lull