bob

Default how many guns and what size

I am ever increasingly annoyed by the attitude and shear number of
baby boomer cruisers I have to encounter in my cruising travels.
They are like cockroadhes everywhere, spreading their vile attitudes
and generally bringing down the quality of life of all world cruisers
just about everywhere.
Its the same thing as the concept of a lost paradise due to all the
"lemmings" that move in to a nice area and destroy it.
The idea of helping other boaters in distress is almost non existant
these days. Out of sheer anger and accumulated annoyance I watched a
Traweler go up on the rocks after it dragged its anchor. It sank. No
signs of life the next day. I could have intervened and hailed them on
the radio or knocked on the side of the hull but I truly believe I
would have been greeted with a nasty response or a mariner shotgun?
They sealed their own fate.
The world is a better place without that couple.
The good old days of manners are gone, it's every man for himself in
the cruising arena today. Dog eat dog.
Bob, friend to Capt Neal and other like minded
fellows of the sea.

Glenn Ashmore

The good old days of manners are gone, it's every man for himself in
the cruising arena today. Dog eat dog.
Bob, friend to Capt Neal and other like minded
fellows of the sea.

And you sir are one sick puppy.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Armond Perretta

bob wrote:

... [drivel snipped]...

It's a good thing your name is spelled the same in both directions, else
you'd never get _anything_ right.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

DLTBGYD.

It is soooo easy to get annoyed with others. I often have to look to the
skies, or to some lovely landscape to refocus my perspective.

"bob" wrote in

roups.com:

I am ever increasingly annoyed by the attitude and shear number of
baby boomer cruisers I have to encounter in my cruising travels....

bob

my point exactly dltbgyd
to many dam people in the world. we need a ebola virus to wipe some of
them out. clean up the landscape. increase the quality of life for
those who remain. the human race has become vermin. too many people too
many dam boats too many cruisers. time to break out the shot guns and
im starting out with glenn ashmore. what a waste of human flesh that
dirt bag is. will he ever finish that god dam boat he sends links too??
what a waste.

Meye5

Kinda hostile there bob, but u do have one good point or two. and I too
am tired of those "Glenn Ashmore" links to that never ending project.
He will be in a wheel chair by the time he finishes the ****er.

Gary G

On 27 Aug 2005 18:21:37 -0700, "bob"
wrote:

my point exactly dltbgyd
to many dam people in the world. we need a ebola virus to wipe some of
them out. clean up the landscape. increase the quality of life for
those who remain. the human race has become vermin. too many people too
many dam boats too many cruisers. time to break out the shot guns and
im starting out with glenn ashmore. what a waste of human flesh that
dirt bag is. will he ever finish that god dam boat he sends links too??
what a waste.

You espouse the "everyone but me" protocol. What makes you special
and especially, immune?

We are new to boating and find that so far, the other folks are really
nice and helpful. We helped others tie up and cast off. We even were
invited to drinks and dessert on another couple's boat and we did the
same at another harbor. Perhaps the area you cruise is different from
the Pacific NW.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916.791.8191
gary@microtechnics dot com
Meye5

well gary i am happy u hav found nice and helpful folks, every part of
the country is different and certainly the lack of crowding in the
pacific north west contributes to that.. I believe there is a
corrolation between human crowding and human decency. Los angeles?
Miami? NYC? Florida is a perfect example. SO many boaters that it
changes the whole picture.
I was anchored one fine sunday enjoying a beverage and reading a
sailing magazine when a power boat with 6 men drifted by my transom
literally 2 feet away. NOT ONE OF THEM asked for assistance. The just
glared at me. Did they speak English? They appeared to be white so I
would have to imagine so. I WAS READILY WILLING TO OFFER GAS, OR
ASSISTANCE, USE OF MY CELL PHONE? A TOW? NO PROBLEM!!! But did they
ask? NO! why? because the mentality where I live is every man for
himself. I sad reality. A result of human crowding. So the drifted to
the shorline and sat there scratching their pathetic heads. What do we
do now??? Typical power boaters.

Gary G

On 27 Sep 2005 07:07:36 -0700, "Meye5" wrote:

[...]

Well, that is a good point. Location, location, location.

Pacific NW is very nice. I have not been to FL. If so, I would
probably be armed. Pacific NW is benign. Quite refreshing and
probably intoxicating for a first and second time venue. No matter.
We will be back there and do more cruising. My next big deal is to go
to Canada and to move from 35' to 40'.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916.791.8191
gary@microtechnics dot com
Meye5

well gary if you head to south florida , bring your anti depressants
with you, its paradise lost, a concrete jungle in the truest sense. A
sad reality.