Meye5

well gary i am happy u hav found nice and helpful folks, every part of
the country is different and certainly the lack of crowding in the
pacific north west contributes to that.. I believe there is a
corrolation between human crowding and human decency. Los angeles?
Miami? NYC? Florida is a perfect example. SO many boaters that it
changes the whole picture.
I was anchored one fine sunday enjoying a beverage and reading a
sailing magazine when a power boat with 6 men drifted by my transom
literally 2 feet away. NOT ONE OF THEM asked for assistance. The just
glared at me. Did they speak English? They appeared to be white so I
would have to imagine so. I WAS READILY WILLING TO OFFER GAS, OR
ASSISTANCE, USE OF MY CELL PHONE? A TOW? NO PROBLEM!!! But did they
ask? NO! why? because the mentality where I live is every man for
himself. I sad reality. A result of human crowding. So the drifted to
the shorline and sat there scratching their pathetic heads. What do we
do now??? Typical power boaters.