Gary G

On 27 Sep 2005 07:07:36 -0700, "Meye5" wrote:

well gary i am happy u hav found nice and helpful folks, every part of
the country is different and certainly the lack of crowding in the
pacific north west contributes to that.. I believe there is a
corrolation between human crowding and human decency. Los angeles?
Miami? NYC? Florida is a perfect example. SO many boaters that it
changes the whole picture.
I was anchored one fine sunday enjoying a beverage and reading a
sailing magazine when a power boat with 6 men drifted by my transom
literally 2 feet away. NOT ONE OF THEM asked for assistance. The just
glared at me. Did they speak English? They appeared to be white so I
would have to imagine so. I WAS READILY WILLING TO OFFER GAS, OR
ASSISTANCE, USE OF MY CELL PHONE? A TOW? NO PROBLEM!!! But did they
ask? NO! why? because the mentality where I live is every man for
himself. I sad reality. A result of human crowding. So the drifted to
the shorline and sat there scratching their pathetic heads. What do we
do now??? Typical power boaters.

Well, that is a good point. Location, location, location.

Pacific NW is very nice. I have not been to FL. If so, I would
probably be armed. Pacific NW is benign. Quite refreshing and
probably intoxicating for a first and second time venue. No matter.
We will be back there and do more cruising. My next big deal is to go
to Canada and to move from 35' to 40'.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746