Ron Szego

Default Palm Coast, Fl. Boating

I am considering buying a home in Palm Coast, Florida. I am a small power
boater. I would appreciate any input about the boating/cruising in the Palm
Coast area. Thanking you in advance.

Ron

Rosalie B.

Dave wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:38:27 -0400, "Ron Szego" said:

I am a small power
boater. I would appreciate any input about the boating/cruising in the Palm
Coast area.

Palm Coast is primarily a golfing place south of St. Augustine and
Matanzas Inlet and north of Ormond Beach on the ICW. We've been there
to the marina once.

http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/48801/#TL

Last time we went through there, they were apparently building a huge
condo/dock complex between the ICW and A1A. Most of the boaters there
have power boats smaller than 50 feet IIRC

You have three choices for boating -
Go up and down the ICW
Go to and go up the St. Johns River
Go out into the Atlantic. The evil Matanzas Inlet is closed to
navigation I wouldn't do St. Augustine on a bet (it makes me nervous
to exit or enter through a line of surf), although I know people that
do. So that leaves Ponce Inlet to the south (and there's a reason
they have that big lighthouse there), and the St. John's River to the
north.

grandma Rosalie
Rosalie B.

Rosalie B. wrote:

Dave wrote:

[...]

http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/ba8be/ has the narrative of
the time we stayed there and
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/ba8be/d/ has a picture of the
marina.

grandma Rosalie
Rosalie B.

Harry Krause wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:
Dave wrote:

[...]

Ha! St. Augustine inlet and Matanzas Inlet are two of the best places
to fish in NE Florida. Matanzas is challenging to run, but there is
plenty of good fishing right inside and outside the bridge.

Right - we don't fish, and we have a sailboat so the bridges are a
deal breaker for us. But the charts do say that the inlet is closed
to navigation. We see lots of boats anchored off the Fort, and lots
of little boats fishing around the jetties in the St. Johns River too.

I'm not sure really what one does in a power boat if one does not
fish. We did see some folks in a small boat pulling their children
behind them in an inner tube in the dense fog between Palm Coast and
Flagler Beach.

grandma Rosalie

HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Safe Boating Reminders from the USCG [email protected] General 5 July 1st 05 05:16 PM
Coast Guard Searching for WWII veterans: [email protected] General 0 June 29th 05 05:00 AM
Boating in Canada / Pacific Coast Matt Lang General 4 August 10th 04 09:53 PM
Anyone using Sponsons? Brian Nystrom Touring 13 February 28th 04 11:11 PM