Rosalie B.

Rosalie B. wrote:

Dave wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:38:27 -0400, "Ron Szego" said:

I am a small power
boater. I would appreciate any input about the boating/cruising in the Palm
Coast area.

Palm Coast is primarily a golfing place south of St. Augustine and
Matanzas Inlet and north of Ormond Beach on the ICW. We've been there
to the marina once.

http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/48801/#TL

Last time we went through there, they were apparently building a huge
condo/dock complex between the ICW and A1A. Most of the boaters there
have power boats smaller than 50 feet IIRC

You have three choices for boating -
Go up and down the ICW
Go to and go up the St. Johns River
Go out into the Atlantic. The evil Matanzas Inlet is closed to
navigation I wouldn't do St. Augustine on a bet (it makes me nervous
to exit or enter through a line of surf), although I know people that
do. So that leaves Ponce Inlet to the south (and there's a reason
they have that big lighthouse there), and the St. John's River to the
north.

http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/ba8be/ has the narrative of
the time we stayed there and
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/ba8be/d/ has a picture of the