dpf

Default yamaha 4 hp broken fuel valve

The alloy fuel shutting valve, operated from the outboard front through a
small shaft is placed under the engine incorporated fuel deposit and has
completely fractured.
Until I get proper Yamaha assistence is there any hint for a "serious"
provisional repair?

Tony Cook

dpf wrote:
The alloy fuel shutting valve, operated from the outboard front through a
small shaft is placed under the engine incorporated fuel deposit and has
completely fractured.
Until I get proper Yamaha assistence is there any hint for a "serious"
provisional repair?

I emphasise that I am not familiar with this engine but my best

generic advice for solving this problem pro tem would be to obtain some
plastic metal and bond the broken bits together. Done carefully you
should wind up with a fuelproof joint. When hard, (Around 5 minutes) the
stuff can be filed, drilled or what have you to suit. This stuff can be
bought from most car accessory and DIY shops. The type I am familiar
with in my working life is black in colour and comes in a cigar shaped
roll. One cuts off sufficient for the job, mixes it by rolling it around
in the hand and when thouroughly mixed apply it to the job. I work for
an industrial fan maker and we find that this material will hang on
under some pretty severe rotational forces so with joss it should sort
your problem out. Don't regard it as a permanent repair though and be
sure to order the correct replacement part.

Best of luck

Tony Cook

yamaha 4 hp broken fuel valve dpf Cruising 4 August 17th 05 07:18 AM
yamaha 4 hp broken fuel valve dpf General 4 August 17th 05 07:18 AM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM