Roger Long

Default Float switch alert.

I've just discovered that the West Marine rolling ball float switches
and the Rule 27D 1100 GPM (And possibly similar models) are not a good
combination. If mounted on a common base, the Rule does not draw the
water down far enough to reliably turn the switch off. It's a near
thing though. I have a dual set up. One works and the other doesn't.
A little motion from wake or sea seems to trip the switch off but you
can't always count on that.

I'm going to put a couple thick nylon washers under the float switches
which I am pretty sure will take care of the problem.

I've noticed that the rolling ball switches seem to need either a
little jerk or nudge or be at maximum travel before switching on or
off. Mercury certainly does work better but I hate to buy the stuff.

--

Roger Long

Larry W4CSC

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Mercury certainly does work better but I hate to buy the stuff.

Stop by and I'll give you a jar. You'll have to help me pick up the one in
my storage shed. It must weigh 200 lbs. Mercury is heavy!

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and you're outlined in
chalk.

Bilge pump switch Kalico Cruising 13 May 25th 05 03:30 PM
A simpler bilge switch solution Roger Long Cruising 5 May 19th 05 02:06 AM
Help! need miniature float switch for bilge pump? [email protected] General 2 February 22nd 05 02:26 AM
Hey, Scotty Bobsprit ASA 30 December 14th 03 11:32 PM
What a Great Day! Capt.American ASA 16 July 24th 03 11:54 PM