Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
cvj

Default HELP- Cleaning Buoy Rubber Marks from Hull

Just returned from a one week to the San Juan Islands, where we moored at
various WA State buoys. These are basically designed with with a black
rubber tire around the flotation part - in order to "protect" the hull from
impact/bumping damage. In some cases the tire has been painted yellow for
higher visibility (I guess).

Unfortunately, the nice shine finish on our boat now has been dulled where
the tire hit the boat repeatedly during a windy night - and additionally,
some black rubber and yellow paint has been "pounded" into the gelcoat.

My question is, what product or products are recommended for cleaning and
polishing the gelcoat to get a nice shiny finish back??? I have tried a 3M
product "Clean & Shine" spray application - but it did not do the job.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Claus