Ger

Default [ANN] PDA (PocketPC, Palm, Symbian) software collection for sailors

We have recently published a collection of links to PDA (PocketPC, Palm,
Symbian) software special for sailors (navigation, tides, engine management
etc) on our site. If you are interested you may want to check out
www.sailsoft.nl under "PDA software for sailors".
/Ger

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or have you all noticed how the newsgroup keeps attracting
more and more SPAMMERS lately.......??

This ISN'T your free advertising medium! Contact your internet provider.
It's against the AUP of every one of them.....even if you obfuscate the
header!

Jeff

Larry W4CSC wrote:
Is it just me or have you all noticed how the newsgroup keeps attracting
more and more SPAMMERS lately.......??

This ISN'T your free advertising medium! Contact your internet provider.
It's against the AUP of every one of them.....even if you obfuscate the
header!

I believe they are implying by "advertising" here that they consider
their products a free service for all sailors and don't mind if copies
are distributed without any compensation to them. I don't know why you
would get upset about that.
Larry W4CSC

Jeff wrote in :

I believe they are implying by "advertising" here that they consider
their products a free service for all sailors and don't mind if copies
are distributed without any compensation to them. I don't know why you
would get upset about that.

Oh....They're going to send it to us FREE? I thought he was trying to SELL
us something...for which he should be flogged.

On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:36:11 -0400, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Jeff wrote in :

I believe they are implying by "advertising" here that they consider
their products a free service for all sailors and don't mind if copies
are distributed without any compensation to them. I don't know why you
would get upset about that.

Oh....They're going to send it to us FREE? I thought he was trying to SELL
us something...for which he should be flogged.

Really? flogged for telling us about a piece of software we might find
useful? If you don't want to buy, don't, but it seems to be on
target.

I checked out the site, they had free trial downloads and some of them
seem worth checking out.

Or is capitalism just too weird for you?

Weebles Wobble
(but they don't fall down)

Ger

"Larry W4CSC" schreef in bericht
Is it just me or have you all noticed how the newsgroup keeps attracting
more and more SPAMMERS lately.......??

This ISN'T your free advertising medium! Contact your internet provider.
It's against the AUP of every one of them.....even if you obfuscate the
header!

Sorry Larry,
As a being a sailor myself, I should not make the mistake of even making a
hint to my website and my business, coming forth out of my passion, sailing.
I am a software developer, trying to make a business out of my hobby. My
intentions were to inform the group about useful software for sailors, but I
must admit, not completely without commercial interest.
I apologise to the group for this mistake. It wont happen again.
/Ger Rietman

JG

"Ger" wrote in message

"Larry W4CSC" schreef in bericht
Is it just me or have you all noticed how the newsgroup keeps attracting
more and more SPAMMERS lately.......??

This ISN'T your free advertising medium! Contact your internet provider.
It's against the AUP of every one of them.....even if you obfuscate the
header!

Sorry Larry,
As a being a sailor myself, I should not make the mistake of even making a
hint to my website and my business, coming forth out of my passion,
sailing.
I am a software developer, trying to make a business out of my hobby. My
intentions were to inform the group about useful software for sailors, but
must admit, not completely without commercial interest.
I apologise to the group for this mistake. It wont happen again.
/Ger Rietman

Seems like it would have been more appropriate to talk about something that
you're interested in, perhaps mention that you do software dev on the
subject (or not, if your post wasn't specifically about that subject), and
include a website link. That would at least give legitimacy to the link
without turning the newsgroup into a venue for adverts.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Larry W4CSC

Jeff wrote in :

There are perhaps a million vendors that think they have something
useful for us. Do you propose that they all post "announcements" here?

The point EXACTLY......Can you imagine if Waste Marine were to tell us
about all the stuff they think should be useful to us on this newsgroup?
How about the pornographers coming over from
alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.(place your perversion here)? They all think
they have something useful to us, too. Should they all spam r.b.c, too?
It's mighty lonely at sea...

Bull****. If nothing is done to stop the flow of spam, the newsgroup will
sound like your local talk radio station....completely loaded with every
boat spammer on the planet. Brunswick alone would flood this place to the
gunwales with Sea Rayliner spam.....

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....PLEASE?

I don't give a damn if his crap will sail the boat while you're screwing
your girlfriend in the v-berth....IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!