Default Older Marine Head Question

I have a 72 Trojan that has a factory head with water line and mace
pump. The original configuration had the waste water dumping to the
water thru a valve. At some point the previous owner instead rerouted
the waste AFTER the pump to 2 5 gal bucket holding tanks that must be
manually emptied.

Is there a holding tank (small one) I can replace this with so I can
pump out, or

is there some way to put a pump out on these buckets

or can I simply put it back the way it was and have the waste go right
in the water ?

Seems to me that if the boat was built that way it is ok or Not ?

TIA
Ken Heaton

Comments below:
wrote in message
I have a 72 Trojan that has a factory head with water line and mace
pump. The original configuration had the waste water dumping to the
water thru a valve. At some point the previous owner instead rerouted
the waste AFTER the pump to 2 5 gal bucket holding tanks that must be
manually emptied.

Is there a holding tank (small one) I can replace this with so I can
pump out, or

is there some way to put a pump out on these buckets

or can I simply put it back the way it was and have the waste go right
in the water ?

Seems to me that if the boat was built that way it is ok or Not ?

TIA

The answer to the last question depends on where you operate the boat. If
you are on one of Canada's ocean coasts you can go back to discharging right
into the water. If you are in the Great Lakes, no, not at all. If you are
in the US you can not direct discharge into the water unless you are in the
ocean and more than 3 miles out to sea from the coastline. Every where
within that 3 mile limit direct discharge of untreated waste is illegal.
Peggie can provide more info about this (if she still reads this group). Or
you could search in Google groups as this topic has been covered in the
past.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Gordon

Victoria British Columbia dumps 20 tons of raw sewage every day into the
Straits of Juan deFuca so your little bit shouldn't hurt!
wrote in message
I have a 72 Trojan that has a factory head with water line and mace
pump. The original configuration had the waste water dumping to the
water thru a valve. At some point the previous owner instead rerouted
the waste AFTER the pump to 2 5 gal bucket holding tanks that must be
manually emptied.

Is there a holding tank (small one) I can replace this with so I can
pump out, or

is there some way to put a pump out on these buckets

or can I simply put it back the way it was and have the waste go right
in the water ?

Seems to me that if the boat was built that way it is ok or Not ?

TIA

2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
Marine Starter Question Tim General 0 January 8th 05 07:25 PM
An old marine toilet head Pekka Huhta Boat Building 7 November 23rd 04 12:57 PM
Marine engine question O:P\) Boat Building 6 April 15th 04 04:34 AM
Marine Insurance for older boats Greg Boyles General 7 October 18th 03 10:07 PM