Capt. Neal®

"Sailct41" wrote in message ...
My best friend had that model in high school back in the 70's. I had a KZ
400 and we rode everywhere and crashed often as well. When that 380 hit the
power band he would leave me in a cloud of blue oil smoke and it would take
forever to catch up. I always wondered how the three cylinder 750 was.

Scott

Had a friend back in the 70's who souped up a GT-750 water buffalo.
Name was Craig Batterschell. I did the original porting, polishing
and tuning. K&N air filters with three 32mm Mikunis, expansion chambers,
nitrous and eventually a turbo/nitrous.

You were doing good if you could hold on. It felt like your hands were
being ripped off the grips. What a wild ride. He did the quarter mile
in the mid-nines.

CN

Capt. Neal®

"Horvath" wrote in message ...
Maybe someday, although I doubt it. You'll get to ride on a Harley,
then you'll know what a real bike is.

Knowledgeable people call them Hardley Ablesons!

CN
Scotty

I was just ragging on Neal. Didn't see the cross posts.
I had an RD350 several decades ago, fun little bike.

SV

"Mark" Boatbasin@optonline(remove this).net wrote in message
Toy for beginners? I had the GT550 years ago, not a bike for the

timid!

"Scotty" wrote in message
JAP SCRAP

A toy bike for beginners.

SV

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
Almost as much fun as messing around with boats . . .

http://captneal.homestead.com/GT380.html

CN

Sailct41

I had a 84 Sportster that I had for about 30,000 miles before I injured my
back doing some weight lifting. It was a sad day when I sold her. A couple
of years later I happened to buy a KZ-1000 LTD from the early 80's. I
truthfully thought the Harley was better constructed but I really liked the
double plus horsepower from the KZ. I guess I could compare it to my last
boat. I had a CT-41. Great for the ocean, sitting on the deck with the
radio on, auto pilot steering, drinking coffee, and looking for traffic. I
would acquaint that with the Harley. I raced on a hot J-105 on the San
Francisco Bay. That was a fast boat easily handled and a great time but I
would not want to spend more then a weekend sailing her.

Scott
"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:02:31 -0500, "Mark" Boatbasin@optonline(remove
this).net wrote this crap:

Toy for beginners? I had the GT550 years ago, not a bike for the timid!

JAP SCRAP

A toy bike for beginners.

Maybe someday, although I doubt it. You'll get to ride on a Harley,
then you'll know what a real bike is. It makes your 380 ride like a
Schwinn.

This post is 100% free of steroids

bb

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:29:56 -0500, Horvath
wrote:

Maybe someday, although I doubt it. You'll get to ride on a Harley,

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse,
both of whom loved to play together.
One day the two were playing, when
the horse fell into a bog and began to sink.
Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for
the chicken to go get the farmer for help!
Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the
farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but
to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.
Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.
Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a
length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.
Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see
the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to
get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.
After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's
bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with
the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!
Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the
farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.
The friendship between the two animals
was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.
A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon,
he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!
The horse thought a moment, walked over,
and straddled the large puddle.
Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his
hangy-down thing and he would then lift him out of the pit.
The chicken got a good grip, and the horse
pulled him up and out, saving his life.
The moral of the story? ....... (yep, you betcha, there IS a moral!)

"When You're Hung Like A Horse,
You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks

;-)

bb

Capt. Neal®

wrote:

Maybe someday, although I doubt it. You'll get to ride on a Harley,

Q: What's the biggest difference between a Hoover and a Harley?

A: The position of the dirt bag.
Capt. Neal®

wrote:

Maybe someday, although I doubt it. You'll get to ride on a Harley,

Q: What's the main thing a Harley and a Hoover have in common?

A: They both suck.

CN
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

I was just ragging on Neal. Didn't see the cross posts.
I had an RD350 several decades ago, fun little bike.

A *great* little bike, actually. Has almost amassed a cult following of
late.

Max

Jere Lull

In article ,
"Scotty" wrote:

I was just ragging on Neal. Didn't see the cross posts.
I had an RD350 several decades ago, fun little bike.

And it blew the Suzies away. I had the R5-B. Did an honest 106 -- once.
(well, okay, twice)

--
Jere Lull
MMC

That brings back some memories.
My first street bike was a 1978 GS550E. Bought it new and probably spent
more on "Mothers" polish than I did on the bike!
Rode it from East Kansas to the Oregon coast in 3 days and could still walk
when I got there, didn't leave an oil slick, and didn't have to do
maintenance 6 times on the way. Back in '78 there weren't any yuppies on
Harleys
MMC