Me

In article ,
scroffula wrote:

You can carry a shotgun on a sailboat? Every customs I've ever seen
asks out outright, "do you have guns on board?" And then they look for
them.

They will not give you any serious problems, IF you declare them when
asked, AND have a BONDABLE Customs Locker for them, secured aboard.
It is just when they can't be BONDED and secured that these folks get
really ****ed off. Notice they never mess with any "Man of War" type
ships that are just filled with small arms. It is because all these
weapons are in BONDABLE Lockers.

Me
Me

In article ,
"Vito" wrote:

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message
Yes you can .... you need a bonded locker. Just about every
commmercial ship has one.

Please tell us more. What comprises a bonded locker and how does one get it
bonded?

A Bondable Customs Locker is a solid builtin and unremovable Secure
Storage that has a place for a Customs Seal across the entrace of the
Locker. When boarded, the Customs Official will ask if there are
Bonded Items aboard, and if the asnwer is yes, then he will watch as all
bondable items are placed in said Secure Customs Locker, and then he will
SEAL the locker with a Customs SEAL, that if broken inside their
Jurasdictional Waters, will subject the Master to immediate Arrest for
violation of the Customs Rules of that counrty. Some countries will
not allow you to keep a Customs Locker, but will hold your Bondable Items
for you, untill you are ready to leave their jurasdiction.

Me
Sailct41

All my time at sea on US Navy warships the only customs I ever saw on board
were American Customs and that was in the 1980's. The entire time I was on
the Los Angeles (SSN-688) we were never once visited by anyone from customs
at any port we pulled into, unless it was done in secret and it is pretty
hard to keep secrets from guys standing watch in the Control Room.

Scott

"Me" wrote in message
In article ,
scroffula wrote:

You can carry a shotgun on a sailboat? Every customs I've ever seen
asks out outright, "do you have guns on board?" And then they look for
them.

They will not give you any serious problems, IF you declare them when
asked, AND have a BONDABLE Customs Locker for them, secured aboard.
It is just when they can't be BONDED and secured that these folks get
really ****ed off. Notice they never mess with any "Man of War" type
ships that are just filled with small arms. It is because all these
weapons are in BONDABLE Lockers.

Me

Gee, subs have small arms? Just kidding.
I was on a Navy DLG in the early 70s, for a little over 3 years.
Foreign ports had customs inspectors that came aboard and interfaced
with the Captain. There were "papers" signed and sealed to effect the
bonding requirements. As far as I know we never were actually
inspected by anyone other than Navy personnel. Liberty was never
granted until after we cleared customs, including arrival back in the
USA.

Larry W4CSC

"Sailct41" wrote in
:

All my time at sea on US Navy warships the only customs I ever saw on
board were American Customs and that was in the 1980's. The entire
time I was on the Los Angeles (SSN-688) we were never once visited by
anyone from customs at any port we pulled into, unless it was done in
secret and it is pretty hard to keep secrets from guys standing watch
in the Control Room.

Customs officials are afraid of radiation?.....(c;

Ever notice how many nuke sailors' wives always have GIRL babies?...

Me

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

Customs officials are afraid of radiation?.....(c;

Ever notice how many nuke sailors' wives always have GIRL babies?...

also it is the Policy of the US Government that SSN's never dock,
outside a US Naval Facility, without National Command Authority Approval.
When docked at a US Naval Facility in another country, their Customs
Officials wouldn't have access to the SSN inside the Base, without
specific Treaty Language on Base Leases. I am not aware of any
Base Lease Treaty Language, that would allow a Customs Official
inside a US Base in another country.

Me
Padeen

My cousin was a nuke sailor for 16 years and had three boys!
Padeen

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Sailct41" wrote in
:

All my time at sea on US Navy warships the only customs I ever saw on
board were American Customs and that was in the 1980's. The entire
time I was on the Los Angeles (SSN-688) we were never once visited by
anyone from customs at any port we pulled into, unless it was done in
secret and it is pretty hard to keep secrets from guys standing watch
in the Control Room.

Customs officials are afraid of radiation?.....(c;

Ever notice how many nuke sailors' wives always have GIRL babies?...

Larry W4CSC

"Padeen" wrote in
:

My cousin was a nuke sailor for 16 years and had three boys!
Padeen

Amazing. Was he actually around the reactor?

Don White

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Padeen" wrote in
:

My cousin was a nuke sailor for 16 years and had three boys!
Padeen

Amazing. Was he actually around the reactor?

Probably wore a lead jock strap.

Brian Whatcott

There's better evidence for an excess ratio of girls born to
fighter pilots. Male germ lines are a little more fragile.

Brian Whatcott Altus, OK