Sailct41

All my time at sea on US Navy warships the only customs I ever saw on board
were American Customs and that was in the 1980's. The entire time I was on
the Los Angeles (SSN-688) we were never once visited by anyone from customs
at any port we pulled into, unless it was done in secret and it is pretty
hard to keep secrets from guys standing watch in the Control Room.

Scott

"Me" wrote in message
In article ,
scroffula wrote:

You can carry a shotgun on a sailboat? Every customs I've ever seen
asks out outright, "do you have guns on board?" And then they look for
them.

They will not give you any serious problems, IF you declare them when
asked, AND have a BONDABLE Customs Locker for them, secured aboard.
It is just when they can't be BONDED and secured that these folks get
really ****ed off. Notice they never mess with any "Man of War" type
ships that are just filled with small arms. It is because all these
weapons are in BONDABLE Lockers.

Me