Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:45:09 -0500, rhys wrote:

They must have been really hungry! Oh, God, that SMELL!!

Not my first choice, either, but then I eat kippers and black pudding,
so it probably wouldn't bother me. The old man's favourite dish is
steak and kidney pudding...now THAT bothers me and confirms my
suspicion that British cuisine is based on a dare.

I have no problem eating kidneys--- but fixing them for cooking . . .
YUCK!! I made steak-and-kidney pie once. Enough.

That is restaurant food as far as I am concerned, and a fairly good
restaurant at that.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
- Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"
Sail-n-Dive

Sarah and I lived in Australia for five years and learned to cook kidney
properly and loved it. We still cook it occasionally when we can get it
fresh. We also hunt , kill and eat deer as a major part of our diet (we eat
very little beef) and find that most people that profess a dislike for wild
meat actually like it until we tell them what it is. My philosophy about
food is...if it smells good and tastes good then I don't care what it is!
We both grew up poor in the hills of W.Va. and now can afford to eat as we
like and yet find simple ethnic food most to our liking.

The old man's favourite dish is
steak and kidney pudding...now THAT bothers me and confirms my
suspicion that British cuisine is based on a dare.

I have no problem eating kidneys--- but fixing them for cooking . . .
YUCK!! I made steak-and-kidney pie once. Enough.

That is restaurant food as far as I am concerned, and a fairly good
restaurant at that.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the
simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
- Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"

MC

mlw wrote:
Can someone tell me weather it is possible to feed one-self during a
high sea cruising trip on a 36' sailing boat just by fishing? I just
dream to buy a boat and cruise around the world, but have zero
experience so far.

Hope this hasn't already been mentioned..... but the middle of the
ocean is a very barren place so unless you're sure that your passage
follows the combination of structures, currents and seasonal elements
that hold fish you may end up a tad peckish at times, and most likely
at times when your furtherest from any alternative.

You could always learn preserving techniques to store your catch when
it is in abundance.......

Cheers