Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sail-n-Dive

Default Protecting cast iron

I'm doing a bottom job on my boat that has a cast iron keel with a
centerboard slot. Most of the keel stayed rust free but the slot and the
bottom of the keel that often comes in contact with the bottom at low tide
are rusty. I'm going to chip and sand blast but I'm unsure of how to treat
the bare metal before applying the new bottom paint. Suggestions?
Quinton