Roger Long

Default Outboard motor dimensions

I thought I could find anything on the Internet but I was wrong.

Does anyone know a source of standard outboard motor dimensions? I want to
design a boat with an internal well for a motor in the 10 hp range. A link
to an online plan for a boat with a well that lets the motor be tilted up
would also work.

--

Roger Long

Evan Gatehouse

"Roger Long" wrote in message
.. .
I thought I could find anything on the Internet but I was wrong.

Does anyone know a source of standard outboard motor dimensions? I want

design a boat with an internal well for a motor in the 10 hp range. A

link
to an online plan for a boat with a well that lets the motor be tilted up
would also work.

The ABYC books have guidance on position of clamps and the dimensions for a
standard motorwell but they are not online.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

Evan Gatehouse

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message

"Roger Long" wrote in message
.. .
I thought I could find anything on the Internet but I was wrong.

Does anyone know a source of standard outboard motor dimensions? I want

design a boat with an internal well for a motor in the 10 hp range. A

link
to an online plan for a boat with a well that lets the motor be tilted

up
would also work.

The ABYC books have guidance on position of clamps and the dimensions for

standard motorwell but they are not online.

and I just found a copy here at home. Email me directly with the dimensions
you need and I'll send you a sketch or scanned copy of the page.