Phil

I guess so. I just thought it would be nice if someone made one out of that
Marelon. It would probably be cheaper than a regular thru hull and easy to
plug it up.
What would be the procedure to plug it with glass? Would I have to make a
plug or something the same thickness of the hull?

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
I've never seen one. I have one on my boat but it was fabricated by the
PO who owned a metal fabrication business. If you really think you will
want to use the same hole again, then install a regular thru-hull and put
a cap on it. Otherwise, glass it over.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Phil" wrote in message
m...
I have a couple that I would like to remove also. I may replace them with

different transducer or thru-hull later. Would anyone make a blank
thru-hull
fitting? Round solid with a backing nut? That would be easy and you

could
pop it out and use the hole later. Do they make such a part?

On a related subject, say you have an old through hull that you don't
need anymore, 'ducer, water pick-up, etc.

What's the best way to fill it after removal? New through hull, just
in case you need one later, or repair the solid fiberglass?

Which would be toughest/longest lasting/cheapest?

Thanks

Donny
www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts

Doug Dotson

I'm not a big fan of plastic below the waterline. Bronze isn;t all that
extensive. Your best bet is to get a book like the one from WEST System for
instructions on how to fill in a hole.

Doug
s/v Callista

m...

"Phil" wrote in message
m...
I have a couple that I would like to remove also. I may replace them
with

different transducer or thru-hull later. Would anyone make a blank
thru-hull
fitting? Round solid with a backing nut? That would be easy and you

could
pop it out and use the hole later. Do they make such a part?

On a related subject, say you have an old through hull that you don't
need anymore, 'ducer, water pick-up, etc.

What's the best way to fill it after removal? New through hull, just
in case you need one later, or repair the solid fiberglass?

Which would be toughest/longest lasting/cheapest?

Thanks

Donny
www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts

The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
letter removal from hull RB General 20 March 31st 04 07:37 AM
Hull structural grids The_navigator© ASA 14 November 13th 03 08:21 PM
Steel hull - electrical ground Simple Simon ASA 4 September 11th 03 11:57 PM
car top hull issues zak Touring 4 August 8th 03 12:09 AM