Doug Dotson

Default Bosun's Whistle

Anybody have a link to instructions for using a Bosun's Whistle?

Doug
s/v Callista

Steve

The "Boot" bos'n should be assigned to learn and practice in the Bos'n
Locker, farthest from the rest of the crew and especially at some great
distance from the Chiefs Quarters.

Steve (CWO, USN Ret.)
s/v Good Intentions

John Pullen

Instructions
http://www.sussexdistrict-seacadets....rces/bcall.pdf

Sounds
http://www.evindale.com/blackstag/thehelm.html

http://www.nj2bb.org/sounds.html#Pipe

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Anybody have a link to instructions for using a Bosun's Whistle?

Doug
s/v Callista

Doug Dotson

I don't see anything there about Bosun's Whistles.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:
I have the whistle. I need the instructions. According to the ad it
should have come with instructions. It didn't.

Check out this site on tin whistles:

http://www.rogermillington.com/siamsa/brosteve/

A bosun's pipe seems nothing more than a tin whistle with a resonator,
at least that's what the one's on Brit ships resemble.