anchorlt

Default Danger in ICW: Now Boat U.S. Weighs In

After my earlier warning, now Boat US has a brief article in its
November 2004 issue of Boat U.S. magazine about the risks and dangers
of travelling the ICW after the recent hurricanes -- some inlets and
channels silted (to less than three feet), channel markers disappeared
or moved, sunken boats and trees. Beware.

Florida Keyz

Snowbird please come down! Your welcome here.

sterling

Key Largo
rhys

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:22:33 GMT, "MMC" wrote:

Ignore this guy, he fell off his trailer-house porch and landed on his head.

Then he went and voted.
Lee Smith

"Falky foo" wrote in message m...
one foot that's nuts! Mine's 4 feet with fixed keel. I've heard 2 feet
with daggerboard but never 1 foot.

Sounds like the time to get on it to me, My 25' sailboat only draws 1
foot w/keel up. Should not have to worry about a crowded achorage.
Going slow is my normal rate of speed anyway :-)
Lee308

Most would not consider my McGregor 26 a "Real" sailboat, but without
waterballast and swingkeel up, it really only draws about 12". I've
had the boat since 2002 and really like it. I only use the headsail
during light winds without the ballast though. It won't win races, but
its a nice waterbago.
Regards,
Lee308