doctorbill

Default What engines for 280 Sundancer?

Hello all,
I am making the jump from 19' bowrider to cruiser and am looking at a
2001 Sundancer 280. This is an 8000# boat with twin 4.3L mercs and
alpha drives. I have heard opinions that this is an under-powered
package for this boat. There are also various opinions regarding
alpha versus bravo, aside from the cost difference: wear and tear,
maneuvering, etc.

If it makes any difference, I do my boating on the upper Chesapeake.

Any opinions or references to earlier threads would be welcome.
Thanks!