Bobsprit

Default Boat for sale....

.....this may be of interest to someone here....I'll only post this once. Thanks
for looking.

1987 Catalina 34 in NY
Owner made improvements then decided to sell. Beige colored hull, nice boat.
Main section of sole recently replaced. All running rigging replaced two months
ago. Engine rebuilt 2 months ago, running GREAT!. ST Lewmar winches, Hood
furler recently overhauled, Autopilot, VHF and other extras. This is a nice
Catalina 34 and the best part is THE PRICE.
Asking a no fooling around price of 43K. Owner wants out now. Boat is located
at City Island, contact me if you want a look. Serious buyers only please at
this price!

Here are some preview pics! You won't be dissapointed in this boat. 43K.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/page3.html

Contact me at:
Steven Fisher

In article ,
Bobsprit wrote:
....this may be of interest to someone here....I'll only post this once. Thanks
for looking.

Bob,

You know perfectly well that ads are not permitted on this newsgroup.

I would be hesitant to trust anyone enough to purchase anything from them
if they cannot follow such a simple rule.

-steve

--

My opinions.

Bobsprit

I would be hesitant to trust anyone enough to purchase anything from them
if they cannot follow such a simple rule.

You won't be buying the Catalina anyway, Steve. No one will be injured by my
single post and I hardly strafe this group with ads. Someone is going to get a
good boat for well under her value. It cracks me up that you wouldn't take
advantage of a deal because of where it's posted. If I followed that rule I
would have missed out on my last boat!
It also cracks me up when people, complaining about ads and the space they
take, actually take time and space to respond to them which insures there will
be more.
By the way, Rec.Marketplace section is not accepting ads (unless they fixed it
recently).

RB
Paul Schilter

Bobsprit,
You should know better, you should have titled the post: OT (Republican
or Democratic) Boat for Sale. Then it would have been proper for this group.
:-)
Paul

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

DSK

Bobsprit wrote:
1987 Catalina 34 in NY
Owner made improvements then decided to sell. Beige colored hull, nice boat.
Main section of sole recently replaced.

Is that the one where they found the body of that guy who was infected
with plague?

Bobsprit

Main section of sole recently replaced.

Is that the one where they found the body of that guy who was infected
with plague?

C'mon, Doug, you can do better. No, this is the Catalina 34 selling for
thousands less than market because the owner really needs out. It's a great
chance for someone who needs a bigger boat, but doesn't have a lot of $$$.

RB
DSK

Bobsprit wrote:
.... No, this is the Catalina 34 selling for
thousands less than market because the owner really needs out.

If it were really a bargain, there would be no need to advertise it here.

Bobsprit

.... No, this is the Catalina 34 selling for
thousands less than market because the owner really needs out.

If it were really a bargain, there would be no need to advertise it here.

That makes a lot of sense! One of the Cape Dory 25's I sold was bought out of
here. It was the nicest CD 25D on the market and it went for a very good price.
Deals are where you find them, Doug, not where you want them to be.
You can keep trolling if you like.

RB
DSK

Bobsprit wrote:
That makes a lot of sense!

Yes, it does, doesn't it? You advertise a boat where ads are not
allowed, instead of selling the boat through normal channels. Why?

Clearly the boat is a disaster... I be it's the one where the owner
couldn't afford to have the yard replace the keel bolts, so he tried to
do it himself and botched the job.