Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MLapla4120

Default What are the pros and cons of a folding prop?

I'm going to re-power soon and am also going to get new shaft and prop.
It seems that in my boat class (Westsail 32), some people are going
to folding props to help speed under sail.
I'm for increased speed, but also want reliability. My current bronze
propeller is pitted and old. Every time I turn around and look at it, it
is full of sea growth. That makes me think I'm getting poor performance.
So, I'm for an improvement, but I am unsure of what kind.
Any opinions from boaters that have encountered this situation would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark , "Belle" Westsail 32