Phil

Default Easypoxy

I have a problem with paint on my rubrail. It was done in the past by the PO
with Easypoxy burgundy. Every time I was the boat the paint on the rub rail
must start to dissolve a small bit. It makes it look like a washing with red
paint.You would think after the rail had not been painted in a few years it
would be all gone but its never ending. I usually add a small amount of
bleach when doing the hull to get rid of any black spots and it is worse
than using just soapy water alone but the problem still happens then. Next
haul out I intend on stripping both and redoing with something better. Any
suggestions why this happens and a solution? A better paint solution?
Thanks for any help.
Phil

Easypoxy paint Phil Boat Building 5 August 2nd 04 07:14 PM
Penetrol & EasyPoxy Tailgunner Boat Building 6 March 12th 04 05:11 PM
Mineral spirits and Easypoxy? Ilv2sl Cruising 8 July 16th 03 06:05 PM