Default Skippy is gonna get SLAMMED!

Looks like Skippy has a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane in the offing.
Seems like it's gonna track right up the Bahamas and the
Abacos are gonna catch hell.

I hope he found a good hurricane hole for the Flying Pig
or it might REALLY end up flying.

--
Sir Gregory

On 10/1/2015 1:49 PM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

Looks like Skippy has a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane in the offing.
Seems like it's gonna track right up the Bahamas and the
Abacos are gonna catch hell.

I hope he found a good hurricane hole for the Flying Pig
or it might REALLY end up flying.

You sure sound happy about the prospect of he and others losing all
including their lives.

---

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:26:18 -0600, Paul Cassel wrote:

On 10/1/2015 1:49 PM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

Looks like Skippy has a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane in the offing.
Seems like it's gonna track right up the Bahamas and the
Abacos are gonna catch hell.

I hope he found a good hurricane hole for the Flying Pig
or it might REALLY end up flying.

You sure sound happy about the prospect of he and others losing all
including their lives.

You're the second person who's made that false happiness accusation.

Could it be a case of projection?

--
Sir Gregory

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message

Looks like Skippy has a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane in the offing.
Seems like it's gonna track right up the Bahamas and the
Abacos are gonna catch hell.

I hope he found a good hurricane hole for the Flying Pig
or it might REALLY end up flying.

Sir Gregory

I know that Neal/Greg/Wilbur won't see this because he plonks my poorly
formatted newsgroup responses (no attribution marks, which pains me even
more than it does him), but...

Thanks, one and all, for the thoughts.

My logs, as seen from the dates indicated, are way behind. As such, other
than comments dropped in replies (again with the unseen bit), you'd not know
that we're not in the Bahamas.

At the moment, Flying Pig is on a secure mooring in Vero Beach, and I'm in
Maine visiting my sibs, one of whom came up from NJ, before I go to a
reunion of my freshman national champion crew (rowing) for a week starting
Saturday, and thence to MI to see my daughter, before I return to the ATL
area for my kids.

In the meantime, Lydia has a baby shower for her second daughter's first
tomorrow, and then plays around with her kids/grandkids until I get back on
the 20th.

When I do, I'll see my (other) kids and remaining 7 grandchildren, and,
still up in the air, maybe a week helping my stepson and his wife and
1-year-old-in-4-weeks family redo their kitchen.

So, aside from the unlikely prospect of a hurricane hitting the not-stripped
Flying Pig on its mooring, we're all good.

That doesn't mean we're not praying for those in the Bahamas...

L8R

Skip, wearing not only clothing but warm clothing for the first time in a
while

Morgan 461 #2 SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
and/or
http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 15:49:13 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

Looks like Skippy has a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane in the offing.
Seems like it's gonna track right up the Bahamas and the
Abacos are gonna catch hell.

I hope he found a good hurricane hole for the Flying Pig
or it might REALLY end up flying.

===

What makes you think Skip and the FP are still in the Abacos, and why
are you so cheerful about it?

What's your hurricane plan if one starts heading for the Keys?

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 07:47:32 -0400, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I seldom pay attention to Neal/Greg says regarding technical matters,
but whatever is supposed to be the matter with your posts? They look
perfectly normal to me.

But, of course it might be a matter that, like a little, bitty, babe,
he just learned a new word and is showing off. Or perhaps it is just a
matter of a "stay at home" sailor being jealous of a "cruising"
sailor?

--
Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:
"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message
. ..

[...]

See our galleries at
www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery !
and/or
http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

I seldom pay attention to Neal/Greg says regarding technical matters,
but whatever is supposed to be the matter with your posts? They look
perfectly normal to me.

But, of course it might be a matter that, like a little, bitty, babe,
he just learned a new word and is showing off. Or perhaps it is just a
matter of a "stay at home" sailor being jealous of a "cruising"
sailor?

LOL. What a MORON you are, Bruce. Just look at the attribution from
your very own post above. Notice how the is used for both my
text and for Skippy's text. This is because your client, a proper
one btw, added one to the existing ones. This is an example of
erroneous attribution due to the fact that Windows Live Mail
didn't attribute at all.

It is a result of Windows Live Mail that doesn't understand the
conventions of Usenet attribution. It's a mail client - not a
news client.

Notice also how Skippy's Windows Live Mail failed to trim my sig like
any real news client does when the proper sig delineator is used.

Two dashes, a apace and a carriage return automatically deletes
anything below it when replying when using a real news client which
Windows Live Mail is not.

So, failing to use the proper tool for the job whether aboard or
on Usenet is indicative of stupidity, selfishness, rebellion,
wilful disruption and downright bullheadedness. Not to
mention rudeness and sloth.

--
Sir Gregory

wrote:
[...]

So what?? Do you mean that you can't follow the conversation without
sign posts? I can understand him and the several others (with the
exception of one) had no problems understanding what he wrote.
Strange, isn't it, that you seem to be the only one that can't
understand what Skippy wrote.

It rather sounds as though the shortcoming is on your side of the
fence. After all five, or six, people have no problem reading his
posts and one bloke does is not evidence that the six are wrong.

Quite the opposite in fact.

It is a result of Windows Live Mail that doesn't understand the
conventions of Usenet attribution. It's a mail client - not a
news client.

Notice also how Skippy's Windows Live Mail failed to trim my sig like
any real news client does when the proper sig delineator is used.

Two dashes, a apace and a carriage return automatically deletes
anything below it when replying when using a real news client which
Windows Live Mail is not.

So, failing to use the proper tool for the job whether aboard or
on Usenet is indicative of stupidity, selfishness, rebellion,
wilful disruption and downright bullheadedness. Not to
mention rudeness and sloth.

Given that five (six counting Skipper) had no problem and one did it
is far more likely that the one simply is lacking in reading
comprehension. Or perhaps has an over abundance of rudeness.
--
Cheers,

Bruce

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 16:30:29 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

What's your hurricane plan if one starts heading for the Keys?

Depends upon from whence it arrives and with what strength.
For Cat 4 or 5, the Little Shark River is among my favorite
hurricane holes an it only takes half a day to get there.

Great place, one of my favorite wilderness destinations.

For those storms below cat 4, my 800-pound ring mooring suffices.

What is a ring mooring, multiple anchors in a circle? If so, how
many?

Joe gets slammed again with rain... Wilbur Hubbard ASA 1 July 5th 07 05:09 PM
Doug gets slammed from the Top Rope! Capt. Rob ASA 6 October 26th 06 05:47 PM
Neal gets slammed AGAIN! Capt. Neal® ASA 7 April 8th 05 08:06 PM
Binary Bill Slammed Bobsprit ASA 0 November 18th 03 08:02 PM
Stevey Get's Slammed CANDChelp ASA 13 July 19th 03 05:16 PM