Default I wonder how many days so far this year . . .

I wonder how many days so far this year Capt. Skippy
has been out sailing the "Flying Pig"?

Why, it wouldn't surprise me if Bruce in Bangkok has
him beat.

--
Sir Gregory

:{))

Stay Tooned

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson
"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message

I wonder how many days so far this year Capt. Skippy
has been out sailing the "Flying Pig"?

Why, it wouldn't surprise me if Bruce in Bangkok has
him beat.

--
Sir Gregory

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:42:10 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

:{))

Stay Tooned

Yah right, we all should live that long . . .

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:42:10 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

:{))

Stay Tooned

Yah right, we all should live that long . . .

I'm too busy to go into detail, but many vexing problems (you know about
those) electronic and mechanical have been conquered.

When I get a life again, you'll hear from me in more depth. Part of it will
likely include heading down the keys in shakedown mode...

L8R

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:07:32 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:42:10 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

:{))

Stay Tooned

Yah right, we all should live that long . . .

I'm too busy to go into detail, but many vexing problems (you know about
those) electronic and mechanical have been conquered.

When I get a life again, you'll hear from me in more depth. Part of it will
likely include heading down the keys in shakedown mode...

I'll buy you a beer and Lydia a Shirley Temple. Females are such
lightweights! It's too damned hot this summer to be working on
boats anyway. I sweated my ass off for an afternoon just getting
my NMEA wires connected so they work. I can drink four or five
beers and not have to urinate, it's so hot.

I started out in May weighing 193 pounds. Now I'm down to 165 and
most of it is sweat loss. I keep thinking if I can get really
skinny I won't be so hot but it doesn't seem to be working.

Right now it's 95.9 degrees in the galley and I'm not cooking
anything. There's been almost no wind all summer long. It's
terrible. Forget all about sailing. Just not enough wind for
weeks at a time. It's like the doldrums moved to southern
Florida.

--
Sir Gregory

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:59:19 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

Right now it's 95.9 degrees in the galley and I'm not cooking
anything. There's been almost no wind all summer long. It's
terrible. Forget all about sailing. Just not enough wind for
weeks at a time. It's like the doldrums moved to southern
Florida.

===

You should go north to New England in the summer like most right
thinking cruisers. We haven't seen temperatures above 78 for about a
month and night time temps are dropping down into the low 60s and
upper 50s.

www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

wrote:

Right now it's 95.9 degrees in the galley and I'm not cooking
anything. There's been almost no wind all summer long. It's
terrible. Forget all about sailing. Just not enough wind for
weeks at a time. It's like the doldrums moved to southern
Florida.

===

You should go north to New England in the summer like most right
thinking cruisers. We haven't seen temperatures above 78 for about a
month and night time temps are dropping down into the low 60s and
upper 50s.

www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

Go out on the ocean? You must be mad.... it isn't safe :-)
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

wrote:

Right now it's 95.9 degrees in the galley and I'm not cooking
anything. There's been almost no wind all summer long. It's
terrible. Forget all about sailing. Just not enough wind for
weeks at a time. It's like the doldrums moved to southern
Florida.

===

You should go north to New England in the summer like most right
thinking cruisers. We haven't seen temperatures above 78 for about a
month and night time temps are dropping down into the low 60s and
upper 50s.

www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

Go out on the ocean? You must be mad.... it isn't safe :-)

===

Darn, I wish you hadn't told me that. :-)

wrote:

Right now it's 95.9 degrees in the galley and I'm not cooking
anything. There's been almost no wind all summer long. It's
terrible. Forget all about sailing. Just not enough wind for
weeks at a time. It's like the doldrums moved to southern
Florida.

===

You should go north to New England in the summer like most right
thinking cruisers. We haven't seen temperatures above 78 for about a
month and night time temps are dropping down into the low 60s and
upper 50s.

www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

Go out on the ocean? You must be mad.... it isn't safe :-)

===

Darn, I wish you hadn't told me that. :-)

Just stealing a march on gregoryhall the famous stay at home :-)
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

On 8/24/2014 9:56 PM, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

Go out on the ocean? You must be mad.... it isn't safe :-)

Once one hits Palm, one can make the rest of the trip by Ditch or Inland
Waterway. You can do it further south too but the density of low bridges
is a PITA. It's actually relaxing and pleasant even singlehanding as you
can easily find anchoring nightly.

one of these days Drifter[_2_] General 6 November 13th 11 03:23 AM
First 100 days... lupowell General 0 June 16th 09 05:26 PM
The Days... HK General 13 December 24th 07 01:58 PM
Those Were the Days...... Chuck Gould General 4 October 12th 07 06:28 PM
1,000 days at sea .. NE Sailboat Cruising 14 May 1st 07 11:33 PM