posted to alt.checkmate,alt.sailing.asa,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

Default I pity you land lubbers who are pretend sailors.

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate!

First check out what 52% said:

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

I pity you land lubbers. Yes, YOU! I don't know
anybody posting to Usenet who isn't a dullard
landlubber. Capt. Skippy of the "Flying Pig" has
even turned into a land lubber as I predicted a
couple years ago.

Greg, if I could just interrupt for a moment... the absence of the
preposition /of/ in your sentence above: ie.. "as I predicted a couple
years ago" disturbs my comprehension of the English language - to my
mind it is regional laziness...'coarse, I might be wrong about this, but
what is your take on this common Americanism?...tia...

If you wish to make a contraction of "of course," "'course" would be
more appropriate than "'coarse," but...

--
Checkmate

"The Man Who Destroyed Fakey and Made Him Have a Total Meltdown"

KotAGoR XXXIV
AUK Hammer of Thor award, Feb. 2012
co-winner, Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker award, May 2001
Copyright © 2014
all rights reserved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyBY...ature=youtu.be
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.usenet.kooks
52% 52% is offline

% wrote:

52% wrote:
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
.

Why don't lubbers have any concept of personal space?
Is it because you no longer have any personal space crowded into
the warrens there.

Well, a bit of that perhaps Greg... but the older I get, the rudeness
of hoi polloi just reinforces - that's why money is fantastic in
buying you release from them - no?..
.

release this

Release released me, & I'm grateful...

What more needs to be said, buddy?..

..
posted to alt.checkmate,alt.sailing.asa,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
52% 52% is offline

Checkmate wrote:
..

If you wish to make a contraction of "of course," "'course" would be
more appropriate than "'coarse," but...

'coarse is a deliberate red herring, Checkers... I had assumed an
intelligent lad like yourself would cotton on to that /off the plate\
.... so to speak - that you choose to maketh an issue suggests to me my
confidence in your intellectual prowess is perchance inflated - No?..
..
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.usenet.kooks
% % is offline

52% wrote:
% wrote:

52% wrote:
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:
.

Why don't lubbers have any concept of personal space?
Is it because you no longer have any personal space crowded into
the warrens there.

Well, a bit of that perhaps Greg... but the older I get, the
rudeness of hoi polloi just reinforces - that's why money is
fantastic in buying you release from them - no?..
.

release this

Release released me, & I'm grateful...

What more needs to be said, buddy?..

.

are you having a happy cyclone

First check out what 52% said:

Checkmate wrote:
.

If you wish to make a contraction of "of course," "'course" would be
more appropriate than "'coarse," but...

'coarse is a deliberate red herring, Checkers... I had assumed an
intelligent lad like yourself would cotton on to that /off the plate\
... so to speak - that you choose to maketh an issue suggests to me my
confidence in your intellectual prowess is perchance inflated - No?..
.

Check your net. I saw your red herring and raised you a holy mackerel.

--
Checkmate

"The Man Who Destroyed Fakey and Made Him Have a Total Meltdown"

KotAGoR XXXIV
AUK Hammer of Thor award, Feb. 2012
co-winner, Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker award, May 2001
Copyright © 2014
all rights reserved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyBY...ature=youtu.be

Eat your hearts out all you wannabe, pretend and non-sailors Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 12 November 28th 11 10:47 PM
Let's Pretend Joe ASA 20 September 15th 06 05:09 AM
Lubbers don't understand Capt. Neal® ASA 4 November 21st 04 02:08 AM
FS: Windtek Land Yacht 3 wheel land sailer - Sail anywhere! Bobsprit ASA 0 September 21st 03 02:14 PM
Lubbers! Capt. Mooron ASA 16 August 20th 03 09:53 AM