Default Eat your hearts out all you wannabe, pretend and non-sailors

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:54:52 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

Interesting. But you've claimed credit to this video before. Funny,
you must have painted the tiny toy boat white for the event.

(or scored somebody's video and now claim it for your own)

--

Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since
you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

Interesting. But you've claimed credit to this video before. Funny,
you must have painted the tiny toy boat white for the event.

(or scored somebody's video and now claim it for your own)

Duh! Only the topsides are painted gold. The decks and cockpit are
white. Of course your decks are probably stained brown or black by the
decades of accumulated mold and mildew so I suppose I must forgive you
your ignorance. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:28:52 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since
you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

Interesting. But you've claimed credit to this video before. Funny,
you must have painted the tiny toy boat white for the event.

(or scored somebody's video and now claim it for your own)

Duh! Only the topsides are painted gold. The decks and cockpit are
white. Of course your decks are probably stained brown or black by the
decades of accumulated mold and mildew so I suppose I must forgive you
your ignorance. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Gold? An interesting commentary on your color precept ion. Everyone
else refers to that shade as "Baby-**** yellow".

But I remember you trotting out that same old video some years ago and
I also remember other posters mentioning the same point that I brought
up - no evidence that the video is yours.

Given that you bragged about your coast-wise cruising it does make one
suspicious of any video that you attempt to pass of as your own
doesn't show land.

--

Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:28:52 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since
you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

Interesting. But you've claimed credit to this video before. Funny,
you must have painted the tiny toy boat white for the event.

(or scored somebody's video and now claim it for your own)

Duh! Only the topsides are painted gold. The decks and cockpit are
white. Of course your decks are probably stained brown or black by the
decades of accumulated mold and mildew so I suppose I must forgive you
your ignorance. LOL!

Gold? An interesting commentary on your color precept ion. Everyone
else refers to that shade as "Baby-**** yellow".

Perhaps you are color blind. Here is a photo of a couple of gold bars:

http://www.sanfeature.com/wp-content...old-direct.jpg

And here is a photo of "Cut the Mustard".

http://captainneal.files.wordpress.c...dsc00294ps.jpg

Note how the yellow gold bars and yellow hull match just about
perfectly.

But I remember you trotting out that same old video some years ago and
I also remember other posters mentioning the same point that I brought
up - no evidence that the video is yours.

I'm sorry if you're too dumb to recognize the hardware showing in the
video and compare it with the same hardware showing in the photos on the
wordpress site. But, then again, you're probably in your eighties by now
so the old eyes just ain't what they used to be. . .

Given that you bragged about your coast-wise cruising it does make one
suspicious of any video that you attempt to pass of as your own
doesn't show land.

Huh??? Perhaps you've forgotten because you haven't sailed in ages but
Florida and the Florida Keys and the Gulf Stream that inhabits the
Florida Straits, considering the very low altitude of the land, means
that from the Gulf stream it's only a matter of five to seven miles
distance and the land is no longer visible from deck. Duh! Brucie, give
it up!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 13:55:15 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Nope the eyes are still working well enough to detect a fraud and
battery thief.

Given that you bragged about your coast-wise cruising it does make one
suspicious of any video that you attempt to pass of as your own
doesn't show land.

Huh??? Perhaps you've forgotten because you haven't sailed in ages but
Florida and the Florida Keys and the Gulf Stream that inhabits the
Florida Straits, considering the very low altitude of the land, means
that from the Gulf stream it's only a matter of five to seven miles
distance and the land is no longer visible from deck. Duh! Brucie, give
it up!

Wilbur Hubbard

Out of sight is out of sight.... scary isn't it.

--

Cheers,

Bruce

On 10/27/2011 6:54 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Wilbur Hubbard

Apparently, it's been six years since you sailed the big water of the
gulf stream. It's time to scrape the hula skirt off your waterline and
take her out for another sail

--
Jack Schidt

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
news.com...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since you've
sailed the Gulf Stream.

Technically, that's true, as anything longer than the instant you're in it
is "going on a year" - and, as always in this very curious trip ashore,
you've once again exaggerated our time on the hard - but I've done it 6
times in the last 3 years, and in the couple of years before that, have
traveled an aggregate of several thousand miles in it, under sail.

How many crossings have you made in that time?

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you
are quite alone on a wide, wide sea, it is apt to occur to you that in the
general scheme of things you are merely an insignificant speck on the
surface of the ocean; and are not nearly so important or as self-sufficient
as you thought you were. Which is an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one
that may effect a permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly
appreciated by your friends."- James S. Pitkin

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
news.com...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0065365399306#

Pay close attention, Capt. Skippy, as it's going on a year since
you've sailed the Gulf Stream.

Technically, that's true, as anything longer than the instant you're
in it is "going on a year" - and, as always in this very curious trip
ashore, you've once again exaggerated our time on the hard - but I've
done it 6 times in the last 3 years, and in the couple of years before
that, have traveled an aggregate of several thousand miles in it,
under sail.

How many crossings have you made in that time?

None in the past five years. But, that's not the point. The point is I
consider you a cruiser. I consider myself a cruiser. What you understand
and what most wannabes DON'T understand is time spent working on one's
boat in a yard or otherwise, time spent on the hook or a mooring is all
part of the cruising life when the vessel is one's home. Those who keep
score of crossings, coastal trips, ocean voyages, etc. are nothing more
than lubbers who've substituted their sailing trips for their former
acquisition of material things ashore.

You've no doubt seen the bumper sticker that says, "He who dies with the
most toys wins." Well, this attempt at humor is all too unhumorous as
it accurately reflects the landlubber mentality as to what's important.
The cruising life belies this hording of a bunch of unnecessary,
material things that equal status to lubbers as there simply isn't room
enough aboard for anything but the most essential of things.

The major difference between a smaller cruising yacht and a larger
cruising yacht is the larger yacht sailor has just not managed to divest
himself of as many material things - but he must be given credit for
placing himself in a situation where he might eventually achieve the
more pure cruising life - for at least giving it an honest try.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:59:59 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

A remarkable change in tone - I complement you.

Now to see how long you are capable of staying a nice guy.

--

Cheers,

Bruce

Our little wannabe... Harry  General 5 August 2nd 10 04:16 PM
Eat your hearts out armchair sailors Roger Long Cruising 11 August 7th 08 11:11 PM
Let's Pretend Joe ASA 20 September 15th 06 05:09 AM
Yer both NY trash, get a clue....ya wannabe's Joe ASA 2 July 7th 06 06:26 PM
Dear cronies and crony wannabe's Inigo Montoya Power Boat Racing 3 July 23rd 03 01:52 PM