Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom Tom is offline

Default 9.9hp outboard question ?

Hi, I have the 9.9 OMC use as trolling more than high speed, probably 99%
trolling 1% higher speed and it works fantastic for years and now this year
it just isn't idling. It is starting with help of choke and runs at higher
RPM then when try to idle or lower RPM it stalls out. If I hit the choke I
can stop the stall but same situation happens. I changed the fuel, have new
hose now, new plugs and engine is newer model with gear shift in the front,
maybe about 12 years old. I may have ran a few tanks of high test with the
ethenol or methonal or alcohol in it that the Sonoco sells. I put that high
test in it last couple years. Northern Ontario and runs in fresh water only
and seasonal. Funny thing is it worked fantastic last year and now this year
just wont idle, our winter wasn't that bad, I storred it correctly.
Any suggestions or recommendations to try? thnx