Default 75Pound CQR-type galvanized anchor for sale Ft. Pierce FL

75Pound CQR-type galvanized anchor for sale

We're upgrading our anchor system, and thus, this rarely-used 5-year-old
anchor is available.

It's for sale mostly because of our not having anywhere to store it aboard.
It's otherwise a very heavy representative of the classic CQR type of
articulated anchor. The proven shank hinge design allows the anchor to stay
set during wind or tide changes and - if we had a place to store it aboard!-
this anchor would be useful during a storm. We don't, so it's for sale.

This anchor, our secondary, was very rarely used, as can be seen in the
condition of the pointy end of it where it would have to dig in, and of the
edges of the flukes, likewise, each time it was used. Our same-age Delta
55# anchor, by comparison, is rusty nearly entirely, and will become our
secondary anchor. Since we have no place to store it, and this was our
secondary anchor, it's for sale.

That said, it's full disclosures time:

This anchor was very rarely deployed. I believe the last time we used this
anchor was three years ago. Since we're full time cruisers (other than our
extended refit which is currently happening in Riverside Marina in Ft.
Pierce FL), it was constantly exposed to salt spray and wash while in the
same position on our anchor rollers on the many thousands of miles of open
sea we traversed during that time, in some cases in very heavy weather.

Because we so rarely used it, the joint between the arm and the anchor
became corroded and locked into position. I have no doubt that regular use
would have avoided that problem. A while of un-seizing spray, along with
some leverage, has it free again. Putting it in the water, setting it and
giving a good pull on the chain might ALSO have freed it, but I wanted you
to know about the history of this anchor. The un-seizing spray left some
dark residue at the joint area as seen in the pictures. That's not rust.
However...

There are also some small areas of rust, as seen in the pictures as very
dark spots. Those didn't stain our deck, in the case of the arm, nor our
anchor system, in the case of the joint, so they're pretty minor. However,
they do exist.

I could easily have wire-brushed it and painted it, but I wanted you to see
it in a fully-disclosed condition. You, of course, could do that yourself,
if you wanted it "prettier" We WILL be doing that (painting it) to our
rusty but entirely functional Delta when we move it over to the secondary
position.

Other than the above, I expect this anchor to be in perfect condition, as
it's never been stressed. The real thing (made by Lewmar) sells for about
$1900, with deals available down to about $1200 if you look hard enough.

Clones (such as this one) sell for substantially less. Take this one off my
hands in Riverside Marina in Fort Pierce, FL, for only $300. Or, arrange
your own shipping to someplace else. I'll put it on a pallet for you for
your shipping company to pick up after receiving your payment. If you're
not local, buy with confidence. A quick Google search for my name and our
boat's name will show you that we're very visible in the boating community,
and thus unable to "hide" if we thought to misrepresent or run off with your
money before you arranged pickup

This link http://tinyurl.com/75PoundAnchor will take you to the pictures of
this anchor. This link is just part of my overall gallery, if you'd care to
go exploring otherwise. Clicking any of the thumbnails will allow you to
see the original size, or steps in between, of these photos.

Call me at 770-887-0397 or write to me at skipgundlach (all one word) at
gmail dot com to come see this anchor.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other
people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice;
and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary".
- Steve Jobs

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:56:18 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

75Pound CQR-type galvanized anchor for sale

We're upgrading our anchor system, and thus, this rarely-used 5-year-old
anchor is available.

===

If your Rocna turns out to be anything like our Spade, you will like
it a lot. They are both very similar except for the roll bar on the
Rocna. Spade uses lead ballast in the tip to accomplish the same
thing. It almost always sets on the first try and sets very firmly.

--

"Flying Pig" wrote in message

I could easily have wire-brushed it and painted it, but I wanted you to
see
it in a fully-disclosed condition. You, of course, could do that yourself,
if you wanted it "prettier" We WILL be doing that (painting it) to our
rusty but entirely functional Delta when we move it over to the secondary
position.

Update as of November 27...

Since we were going to do our Delta, anyway, I thought, "What the heck. It
won't take long, and it will let us practice, first."

So, we sanded down every single rust spot to bare metal, lightly sanded the
entire thing, and used Rustoleum's Cold Galvanizing spray on it for many
coats. They claim up to 3 years' protection in any weather.

I stand by my original statement about the anchor - but you get a prettier,
regalvanized one in the same price, and you know the history. The photo
link in the original still works, and picks up where the original left off,
showing you, up close and personal, all the places which used to have rust
spots, as well as overall views.

Enjoy!!

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 13:23:49 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Since we were going to do our Delta, anyway, I thought, "What the heck. It
won't take long, and it will let us practice, first."

===

I assume that you like the Delta better than the CQR? I've owned
both in the past, didn't particularly like either one but was really
disappointed in the CQR because of the near legendary reputation that
it once had. We replaced our last Delta with a Spade about 10 years
ago and have never looked back.

Banned

Send a message via ICQ to nyseforum

Сообщество трейдеров на рынке форекс и NYSE.
Заходите пожалуйста.
NYSE форум
Заходите и получайте удовольствие от общения с трейдерами,аналитиками и инвесторами.

Well, we have returned to the FL east coast's dirtiest yard, after several
weeks of visiting family.

I'm again available to show or ship this anchor - if you saw my update to
this original, left below for reference, you also saw that I regalvanized
it, for practice, as we'll be doing that for our remaining anchor.

Same price, prettier anchor, but the pix link will take you to the before
and after views from every conceivable angle...

L8R

Skip, wishing all a Happy New Year

--

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

Bob Bob is offline

wrote:
Since we were going to do our Delta, anyway, I thought, "What the heck. *It
won't take long, and it will let us practice, first."

===

I assume that you like the Delta better than the CQR?

Most likely because SKip is too much of a wimp to handle the 75
immatation..... Personally I wouldnt touch that thing. But good ole
skip will give it his typical rattle can overhaul and call er good.

Ugg.. oye vey!

"Bob" wrote in message

wrote:
Since we were going to do our Delta, anyway, I thought, "What the
heck. It
won't take long, and it will let us practice, first."

===

I assume that you like the Delta better than the CQR?

Most likely because SKip is too much of a wimp to handle the 75
immatation..... Personally I wouldnt touch that thing. But good ole
skip will give it his typical rattle can overhaul and call er good.

Ugg.. oye vey!

====================[comment]===========================

I have to wonder why Skippy bothers with anchors at all. After all, what
good is any anchor, no matter how fancy or expensive, when a boat is
permanently on the hard? Better to invest in heavier extension cords for
that addiction to grid-style living. Skippy will never admit it but his
floating condo is now anchored firmly and irretrievably there in the
yard because the distaff side ball and chain holds stronger than any
patent anchor. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

OT - trying to find someone in Gainesville or Fort Pierce Hoges in WA Cruising 5 June 22nd 07 04:30 PM
Para-Tech 18'sea anchor for sale news.west.cox.net General 0 June 20th 07 10:54 PM
FOR SALE: Boat anchor Kirk Cruising 1 March 18th 06 03:53 PM
3/8 BBB anchor chain for sale, $1.50/ft x 275 ft. in SF Bay Area MLapla4120 Electronics 0 April 27th 04 12:21 AM
WTB: 44 lb Bruce or CQR Anchor, S. Florida Hank Cruising 0 March 21st 04 04:23 AM