Default Anyone doing any cruising?

We're at Ocean Beach on the bay side of Fire Island, NY. Considering
how close we lived to here for many years, this is our first visit and
we our pleasantly surprised. The waters are shallow but the scenery
is great, the towns are interesting, and the beaches are fantastic.

http://www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

On 9/17/2011 7:51 PM, Wayne B wrote:
We're at Ocean Beach on the bay side of Fire Island, NY. Considering
how close we lived to here for many years, this is our first visit and
we our pleasantly surprised. The waters are shallow but the scenery
is great, the towns are interesting, and the beaches are fantastic.

http://www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

You don't seem to be in a rush. What kind of boat? BTW, I"ve always
wanted to make that run down the East River, but never got to it. My
last chance there the weather was closing down & I had to head south ASAP.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 08:29:47 -0600, slide
wrote:

On 9/17/2011 7:51 PM, Wayne B wrote:
We're at Ocean Beach on the bay side of Fire Island, NY. Considering
how close we lived to here for many years, this is our first visit and
we our pleasantly surprised. The waters are shallow but the scenery
is great, the towns are interesting, and the beaches are fantastic.

http://www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

You don't seem to be in a rush. What kind of boat? BTW, I"ve always
wanted to make that run down the East River, but never got to it. My
last chance there the weather was closing down & I had to head south ASAP.

====

We've got a wedding to attend later this afternoon. After that we are
good to go south as soon as a weather window opens up for running the
New Jersey coast. Right now the wind is blowing hard out of the north
east, hopefully better tomorrow.

The run down the East River is always an adventure but well worth it.
There's really nothing else quite like it.

"Wayne B" wrote in message
We're at Ocean Beach on the bay side of Fire Island, NY. Considering
how close we lived to here for many years, this is our first visit and
we our pleasantly surprised. The waters are shallow but the scenery
is great, the towns are interesting, and the beaches are fantastic.

http://www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

Good grief!!!! You've some nerve calling what you do 'cruising.'

Let me explain before you become all indignant. To me and other real
sailors cruising is something you do aboard a boat and it's something
you can ONLY do aboard a boat. Your so-called cruising could just as
easily be accomplished via automobile. Drive around the big cities and
see the sights! Why, that's hardly cruising.

To we real sailors one cruises to get away from civilization - not to
become further immersed in it? For pity's sake, there you are, you've
selected the most inefficient form of transport to get the job done. Not
only do you use way more fuel with its subsequent pollution factor than
if you drove an automobile but you do so extremely slowly. You waste
valuable resources. You use the wrong tool for the job. It's sort of
like your using a sledge hammer to pound in a thumbtack.

You should try a 25-35 foot sailboat and you should use it to go places
automobiles cannot go. You won't really know what cruising is all about
until you unplug yourself from your dependence on urban sprawl and
technology.

Here's a simple clue for you. If you can post to rbc, you aren't
cruising. And, that's a fact!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur observed that he's no longer cruising...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
news.com...

Here's a simple clue for you. If you can post to rbc, you aren't cruising.
And, that's a fact!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:08:42 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Wilbur observed that he's no longer cruising...

And given the posting history of Capt. Neil, Willie-boy, et al, it is
obvious how extensive his cruising has been.

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

Here's a simple clue for you. If you can post to rbc, you aren't cruising.
And, that's a fact!

Wilbur Hubbard

Cheers,

Bruce

Cruising Equipment, Long Range Cruising - new thread, was PDQ for sale, etc Wayne.B Cruising 9 July 8th 09 02:06 AM
What Cruising Is [email protected] ASA 5 November 9th 07 02:01 AM
cruising b2bma Cruising 7 October 29th 05 03:00 PM
Understanding Cruising (from rec.boats.cruising) Capt. Neal® ASA 5 April 8th 05 07:19 PM
Going to try cruising again [email protected] Cruising 2 April 5th 05 04:17 AM