Joe Joe is offline

Default Why Me

Now has a new paint job, 1000 ft+ of newly calked hull seems.
2 like new 327 chevy small blocks, Westerbeak gen set.
Zero wood rot.

Not to shabby for a 1966 Owens Aruba.
She faster than greased lighting.

Nice floating office until I get my new sailboat.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
Now has a new paint job, 1000 ft+ of newly calked hull seems.
2 like new 327 chevy small blocks, Westerbeak gen set.
Zero wood rot.

Not to shabby for a 1966 Owens Aruba.
She faster than greased lighting.

Nice floating office until I get my new sailboat.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

Joe

What a big POS! Probably makes a wake five feet tall. Talk about throwing
good money down a rat hole! That's exactly the kind of rat boat that ruins
any anchorage as explained in some of my posts elsewhere.

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 23, 12:50*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

Now has a new paint job, 1000 ft+ of newly calked hull seems.
2 like new 327 chevy small blocks, Westerbeak gen set.
Zero wood rot.

Not to shabby for a 1966 Owens Aruba.
She faster than greased lighting.

Nice floating office until I get my new sailboat.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

Joe

What a big POS! Probably makes a wake five feet tall. Talk about throwing
good money down a rat hole! That's exactly the kind of rat boat that ruins
any anchorage as explained in some of my posts elsewhere.

Wilbur Hubbard

Poor Wilma,

It's the two heads, full AC, two bunkrooms and the office the size of
your day sailor that ****es you off huh?

Compared to your daysailor dumping buckets of Neal over the side Why
Me... would be a pleasent change to any anchorage your derelict is
stagnet.

I bet even your left hand (Jessica) loves my boat.

Joe

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:50:18 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
Now has a new paint job, 1000 ft+ of newly calked hull seems.
2 like new 327 chevy small blocks, Westerbeak gen set.
Zero wood rot.

Not to shabby for a 1966 Owens Aruba.
She faster than greased lighting.

Nice floating office until I get my new sailboat.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

Joe

What a big POS! Probably makes a wake five feet tall. Talk about throwing
good money down a rat hole! That's exactly the kind of rat boat that ruins
any anchorage as explained in some of my posts elsewhere.

Wilbur Hubbard

And there speaks the owner of a small, yellow, anchor buoy.

Ah but jealousy is terrible.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
Now has a new paint job, 1000 ft+ of newly calked hull seems.
2 like new 327 chevy small blocks, Westerbeak gen set.
Zero wood rot.

Not to shabby for a 1966 Owens Aruba.
She faster than greased lighting.

Nice floating office until I get my new sailboat.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community

Joe

What a big POS! Probably makes a wake five feet tall. Talk about throwing
good money down a rat hole! That's exactly the kind of rat boat that ruins
any anchorage as explained in some of my posts elsewhere.

Wilbur Hubbard

And there speaks the owner of a small, yellow, anchor buoy.

Ah but jealousy is terrible.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Like, I'm REALLY jealous of Joe! Bwahahahahhahahahahahha. You've GOT to be
kidding. The Rube goes out and manages to sink his sailboat in a Gulf of
Mexico cold frontal passage and ends up with some old, rotten, soggy-wooden
1956 Owens. He slaps a coat of paint on it to try to hide the rotting
topsides and he thinks he's got something people will be jealous of.
Hohohohohohohhohhohoohoo! Oh, my aching sides. Then he goes to a junkyard
and salvages a couple of 357 Chevy motors and installs them. They will last
about two months in the damp and rank bilges of that rotting hulk. My gosh
but the man is pitiful.

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

In such a tizzy Nellie. Let me correct you.
There is no rott. Had a couple of planks that were replaced. BTW the
whole boat is double planked Phillipino mahogany, The wood will last
for 100's of years.
The engines are 327's not 357's. Light weight and close to 400hp each.
You will not find one at a junk yard, hot rod collectors snatch them
up for Corvettes and Cameros.
The 327's are original equipment for the boat, one has less than 100
hours of use, a crate motor from the local Chevy dealership. They cost
about 4X's what your boat is worth each. The boats a 1966 not 1956.

Joe

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:30:32 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Willie-boy, you just keep opening your mouth and letting your
ignorance spew out - "projectile ignorance"?

After all your self documented nautical experience is restricted to
your recently reported bay cruise while Joe actually goes to sea.

Is it jealousy that forces you to speak so disrespectfully of your
betters.

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

ROFLOL! Joe goes to sea in a rusty steel motor sailor with a flimsy rudder
and he returns to land in the belly of a rescue helicopter while his
abandoned boat sails on only to sink several hours later. The Rube abandoned
a boat that probably wouldn't have sunk if only it had a brave and competent
skipper to look after it.

Is it jealousy that forces you to speak so disrespectfully of your
betters.

Are you suggesting I should be respectful of a cut-and-run, amateur sailor
like Joe who, when the going got tough, jumped ship?

Perish the thought. Unlike poor Joe, this captain has a pair.

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah anyone who ever ditches or loses a ship is a cut-and run
amateur.

Look at the amateur's
http://climb.mountainzone.com/2002/s...ckleton_03.jpg
http://www.petegoss.com/userfiles/image/rescue2.jpg
http://www.submarinehistory.com/files/ssn_593b.jpg
http://schools.penncrest.org/staff/t...ndrea-gail.jpg
http://resources1.news.com.au/images...lane-wreck.jpg
http://www.solarnavigator.net/images...ps_sinking.jpg
http://www.crashstuff.com/wp-content..._explosion.jpg
http://news.discovery.com/history/20...rt-278x225.jpg
http://www.bobhenneman.info/lexington%20sinking.jpg
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63212926Ytavar

You can go on and on, all these amateurs will never be in the same
class as Neal.
Neal is a pro

Joe

wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

The part that you seem so adroitly to be overlooking is "Joe went to
sea".

As I have said before jealousy rears its ugly head.