Default Mandatory Life Jackets.

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
On 2/19/2011 12:11 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
This is my prediction: Within ten years states and then the federal
government will mandate the wearing of life jackets on all boats
underway.

And, those of you who post that you wear them as a general practice when
aboard your boat and that you don't mind doing so only encourage more
infringement by government upon our personal freedoms.

It will be a cold day in hell when I wear a life jacket because it's
mandated by law.

There are certain conditions when I will voluntarily wear one because I
value my own life but it is unacceptable to me to have Big Brother
mandate
such wearing. **** them! Ain't none of their business.

Muddy thinking. What you are advocating is cutting off your nose to spite
your face. If we feel safer and okay with wearing them all the time we're
supposed avoid wearing them because of something the government wants? You
are hoisting yourself on your own petard and being controlled by the very
Big Brother you are trying to avoid.

Stephen

Good grief! but yours is warped logic. Let's look at it without the liberal,
big brother indoctrination you so proudly display.

1) If a body feels safer wearing a life jacket then, fine, do so. Suit
yourself! Nobody's going to stop you.

2) But, if a body does not feel safer wearing a life jacket or doesn't want
to wear one because it's unsightly and uncomfortable or any other reason
then why should THAT individual be ruled by the tyranny of the person who
does and who thinks it's his right to boss everybody else around?

WAKE THE **** UP!!!

That's the problem with liberals vs. conservatives. A liberal wants to FORCE
his desires on everybody else while a conservative only wishes to be left
alone to take care of himself or not take care of himself as is his wont. A
conservative is for individual freedom while a liberal is for tyranny.

You liberals are little Hitlers and you disgust me because you are too
arrogant to see what you're really all about - forcing others to think, act
and do what you think, in your ignorant arrogance, they should do. You strut
your jackbooted stuff and seem proud of the fact. Take a hike and leave the
rest of alone.

Wilbur Hubbard

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:26:10 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

[...]

I must say, I for one agree with you in main.

Thank you.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:18:21 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

Unfortunately, WaIIy is probably one of only a few, right-thinking
individuals since conservative JessicaB seems to have allowed her hormones
to get the best of her and has run off with the gas can guy.

:-(

Wilbur Hubbard

Maybe he had a big spout.

Or was fishing with a bigger pole...

(One of the funnier lines from "The Perfect Storm")

Now you are disagreeing with what you said above:

And, those of you who post that you wear them as a general practice

when
aboard your boat and that you don't mind doing so only encourage more
infringement by government upon our personal freedoms.

One Wilbur says wear them if you want. Another Wilbur says if you wear
them all the time as a general practice, you are encouraging Big
Brother. One or both Wilburs need to either get together or get off the
sauce.

Stephen

"Stephen wrote in message
[...]

Wrong! If you would treat with me you would be well-advised to become more
literate.

In your scrawl, you seem to have conviently overlooked the preamble to my
statement which is "those of you who post. . ." In other words publicize. I
have no problem with people wearing life jackets out of personal choice as
long as they just do so and then stfu about it. What I DO have a problem
with is people publicizing their wearing habits with the intent to get
legislation passed that forces everybody to do so.

If you are not able to ascertain the difference between your attempt at a
blanket statement and my very specific statement then you should use less
insolence when treating with your betters.

Wilbur Hubbard

ADVERTISEMENT - Dog life jackets! Spamfree! UK Paddle 0 November 7th 06 10:23 PM
life jackets [email protected] General 3 May 27th 06 02:44 AM
BT: Life Jackets Gary General 13 March 13th 05 01:42 PM
Life jackets Jay General 5 June 13th 04 06:12 AM
life jackets [email protected] Whitewater 8 November 10th 03 10:39 AM