Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:55:39 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:22:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

It looked so nice and peaceful in those pictures but the wind was supposed
to be out of the east at 10mph that night. So guess what happened.
Starting
about an hour after sunset, it blew out of the northwest at about fifteen
knots so it was rock and roll all night long as the fetch from that
direction was about half a mile. But, I didn't drag or worry about
dragging
because the holding is good there so nothing to worry about. Had the
forecast been correct, I would have been in the lee of that little island
in
nice smooth water. It was nice and quiet there. I had to get out of the
anchorage as they had a wedding Saturday night in one of the hotels on the
beach and a VERY LOUD band with big drums and speakers and all. Too
obnoxious!

Hey, you could have been an uninvited guest! Do you ever get seasick?
I went tuna? fishing once on the ocean... blech... I was useless! I
don't even remember if it was tuna or something else. Stayed in the
cabin and kept my eyes closed.

There was a time when I could enjoy that loud drunken party atmosphere but
no more. I'm so over that silliness. I could probably infiltrate as an
uninvited guest, no problem, but it's just not something I enjoy anymore.

I never get seasick. I guess I'm just so used to the motion and the
environment where things are always moving. Those motor boats are the worst
for seasickness, though, as they roll and pitch and corkscrew. (Sailboats
are quite a bit more steady and civilized because the sail dampens the
motion.) Add diesel fumes to the mix and a maggot would probably want to
hurl, so don't feel bad. LOL!

Heh... now I feel bad for maggots!

When you get really jealous and frazzled, you'll just have to come down
for
a vacation sail. But, no hanky-panky. I don't think my poor old heart
could
take it. LOL!

You can't be __that__ old!! lol

Well, my heart is actually in great shape as I slam it up to max BPMs each
and every week several times when training on my bike. When competing in
individual time trials I run it at 95-100 percent for the most part of
23-some-odd minutes for a 16K course. It could, no doubt, stand the ecstasy
but, considering I am old enough to be your father, I doubt the opportunity
would ever arise. :-(

I would not want to take a chance... what if you died! I'd have to
sail the boat by myself. Yikes!! :-) Hey, that might be an easy way to
get a new boat. What are you doing next Saturday? lol

It's too bad about the large age difference as I can tell we are kindred
spirits and I find you extremely attractive just from reading your thoughts.
Seeing your little photos is like icing on the cake. It makes
physical/mental package even more impressive and desirable. You will sure
make some conservative guy who's closer to your own age one fine mate.

That's funny... I feel that way also.. seems like we have the same
basic values, but of course, we've only been chatting a short time. Do
you use myspace by any chance?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:01:36 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Justin C" wrote in message
In article m, MMC
wrote:

Not me, the boat is partially disassembled and being prepared for
painting.
The old toe rail came off easy, channel locks and in pieces.
Filling bunches of old screw holes, dings with West epoxy and cabosil.
Sanding, sanding, sanding.
So much fun...
Please do post the pics.

Me neither, there was a frost last night and today barely got above
freezing. We did check on the boat today, though, pumped about
half-a-pint of the salty stuff out of the bilge, opened the fore-hatch
and let the breeze through for ten minutes. I also double checked what
I'd done with the main halyard after removing the sails, 'cos I couldn't
remember fixing it safe somewhere.

Checked the mooring lines for chafe too, looks like I might need to swap
'em around soon.

Bumped into a few people I know around the marina, shot the breeze,
everyone's looking forward to spring so we can get out again.

S'all right for those living in sunny Florida!.

85 degrees on the outside thermometer as I type this. 78 degrees in the
accommodation.

Wow... that seems like perfect weather. No so hot that you're
sweltering..

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:55:39 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

I never get seasick. I guess I'm just so used to the motion and the
environment where things are always moving. Those motor boats are the
worst
for seasickness, though, as they roll and pitch and corkscrew. (Sailboats
are quite a bit more steady and civilized because the sail dampens the
motion.) Add diesel fumes to the mix and a maggot would probably want to
hurl, so don't feel bad. LOL!

Heh... now I feel bad for maggots!

I don't feel badly for Bruce at all. LOL!

snip

Well, my heart is actually in great shape as I slam it up to max BPMs each
and every week several times when training on my bike. When competing in
individual time trials I run it at 95-100 percent for the most part of
23-some-odd minutes for a 16K course. It could, no doubt, stand the
ecstasy
but, considering I am old enough to be your father, I doubt the
opportunity
would ever arise. :-(

I would not want to take a chance... what if you died! I'd have to
sail the boat by myself. Yikes!! :-) Hey, that might be an easy way to
get a new boat. What are you doing next Saturday? lol

If I died, I would have smile on my face, at least. LOL! You could learn to
sail the boat well enough to arrive at a destination in just a couple of
days. The basics aren't hard to grasp. It's just the finer points that take
a lot of years of experience.

It's too bad about the large age difference as I can tell we are kindred
spirits and I find you extremely attractive just from reading your
thoughts.
Seeing your little photos is like icing on the cake. It makes
physical/mental package even more impressive and desirable. You will sure
make some conservative guy who's closer to your own age one fine mate.

That's funny... I feel that way also.. seems like we have the same
basic values, but of course, we've only been chatting a short time. Do
you use myspace by any chance?

Negative. I don't do any of the 'social network' things. Usenet is more my
style where it's slower-paced and one can say something that might have some
socially redeming aspects. A bunch of idle chatter is not very manly, IMO.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:01:36 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snippage

85 degrees on the outside thermometer as I type this. 78 degrees in the
accommodation.

Wow... that seems like perfect weather. No so hot that you're
sweltering..

You got that right. It's forecast to be in this range until about the end of
next week. I got some painting done on the boat yesterday. Port side. I've
got to do more in the next week or so if the wind doesn't get too strong.
The blue above the rub rail needed to be renewed and darkened. The last time
I painted it the paint was a little too light a blue for my liking and when
it faded it almost looked pastel. Not a very manly color for a fine sailing
yacht. Also the cove stripe was quite faded and chipped in places so that's
got to be done as well. The port side looks great now and I'm preparing the
starboard side (sanding and cleaning) getting it ready to taping and
painting. A sailor's job is never done.

I'll have to take some photos when I get done and post links just to make
Bruce, Bob, Joe and the like jealous as hell. They gave me all sorts of
grief about the color of my cushions in the accommodation and they are the
perfect color - mauve. It's a warm and relaxing color that goes well with
the off-white gel coat and brown teak.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:32:59 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snip
I would not want to take a chance... what if you died! I'd have to
sail the boat by myself. Yikes!! :-) Hey, that might be an easy way to
get a new boat. What are you doing next Saturday? lol

If I died, I would have smile on my face, at least. LOL! You could learn to
sail the boat well enough to arrive at a destination in just a couple of
days. The basics aren't hard to grasp. It's just the finer points that take
a lot of years of experience.

I'm direction challenged! I use my TomTom to get from the office to
apartment. Should I bury you at sea? lol

It's too bad about the large age difference as I can tell we are kindred
spirits and I find you extremely attractive just from reading your
thoughts.
Seeing your little photos is like icing on the cake. It makes
physical/mental package even more impressive and desirable. You will sure
make some conservative guy who's closer to your own age one fine mate.

That's funny... I feel that way also.. seems like we have the same
basic values, but of course, we've only been chatting a short time. Do
you use myspace by any chance?

Negative. I don't do any of the 'social network' things. Usenet is more my
style where it's slower-paced and one can say something that might have some
socially redeming aspects. A bunch of idle chatter is not very manly, IMO.

Sigh.. ok. I use myspace to keep track of people, exchange fun stuff,
keep pictures of me, my friends, things I see and do. I don't really
use it to chat though. You should check it out if you're even in a
mind to.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:43:06 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:01:36 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snippage

[...]

I wondered... didn't see you reply to anything yesterday. Thought I
probably scared you off!

Rub rail? Does that rub up against docks? I've never heard that term.
Also cove stripe? Cove is like an inlet, but what's a cove stripe?

You sound very handy and fastidious with the upkeep.

I'll have to take some photos when I get done and post links just to make
Bruce, Bob, Joe and the like jealous as hell. They gave me all sorts of
grief about the color of my cushions in the accommodation and they are the
perfect color - mauve. It's a warm and relaxing color that goes well with
the off-white gel coat and brown teak.

I would LOVE to see some pictures... hopefully you'll include one or
three of yourself? (I hope you're not too shy... I'm not being pushy,
just curious.)

What did they want to see... black or red? Yuck. Mellow colors help
you relax. What's wrong with that? Teak sounds nice.. also a very warm
tone I bet.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:32:59 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snip
I would not want to take a chance... what if you died! I'd have to
sail the boat by myself. Yikes!! :-) Hey, that might be an easy way to
get a new boat. What are you doing next Saturday? lol

If I died, I would have smile on my face, at least. LOL! You could learn
sail the boat well enough to arrive at a destination in just a couple of
days. The basics aren't hard to grasp. It's just the finer points that
take
a lot of years of experience.

I'm direction challenged! I use my TomTom to get from the office to
apartment. Should I bury you at sea? lol

You aren't getting rid of me THAT easily!

Most women do get lost easily. LOL! Hey, they have GPSs for the ocean-going,
too. If you can navigate using a TomTom then you can navigate using a
Lowrance. Instead of a map you see a chart. Even a California girl ;-) could
figure it out.

[...]

Funny thing about MySpace. I had one too, but I just clicked on the link to
it and it said it was no longer available so it redirected me and made an
offer to migrate it to WordPress so I had to migrate it. I finally got it
done and I posted the link in a Ping post to you.

What is the link to yours (MySpace) and does it still work for you? Sure,
I'd like to see it.

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey, Wilbur...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

Oh, here's the link again if you missed it somehow.

http://captainneal.wordpress.com/

Wilbur Hubbard

If you want folks to look you have to give them a means to log on...

L8R

Skip, back from volleyball and finished with a lovely Wahoo dinner; off to
the shower

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Hey, Wilbur...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

Oh, here's the link again if you missed it somehow.

http://captainneal.wordpress.com/

Wilbur Hubbard

If you want folks to look you have to give them a means to log on...

Huh! It comes right up for me? What do you get? Some kind of log-on page or
something?

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Hey, Wilbur...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

Oh, here's the link again if you missed it somehow.

http://captainneal.wordpress.com/

Wilbur Hubbard

If you want folks to look you have to give them a means to log on...

Thanks. I found the problem

* I would like my site to be visible to everyone, including search engines
(like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers

* I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors

* I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose

The third choice above was selected. I changed it to the first selection so
now everybody should be able to see it.

Nice Sail This Weekend Joe ASA 2 September 14th 04 03:51 PM
Labour Day Weekend Sail... Capt. Mooron ASA 0 September 6th 04 10:34 PM
Ignore the aesthetics, can it sail, and...WILL it be sailed? Flying Tadpole ASA 201 April 24th 04 03:57 PM
I see no one sailed Bobsprit ASA 3 October 26th 03 10:32 AM
No One Sailed But Me Bobsprit ASA 13 September 29th 03 06:57 PM