Joe

Default Nice Sail This Weekend

Had a almost perfect sail this weekend. Brought another couple along
and spent the night anchored out at Redfish island. With the main
running we averaged 8 knots and could point strait into the wind if
needed leaving all the echells behind. Visited my favorate oyster reef
in Trinity Bay because of Ol thom bringing up the subject of poorboys,
however the oysters were not fat yet they were just to watery and we
need a strong cold front for them to get meaty. My friend micheal is a
master chef and grilled some redfish with hickory smoke that melted in
your mouth. The bay water was extra warm and perfect for swimming and
we boogie boarded on the ship wake on the east side of redfish at isle
at night, it was a blast lots of phorphris(sp?) in the water that
looked like snakes trailing behind you in threading thru the waves .
Micheal is in the process of buying a gulfstar 40. He helped me
deliver RedCloud on her first trip and was amazed at all the modern
features and upgrades RedCloud now has. It will be nice when he gets
his boat we plan to do some long distance trips in tandem to Mexico.
And none of the ladies aboard had to **** their pants, they used the
head. Winds were blowing on average 10 knots.. we made it all the way
down to Bovilar, crossed over and checked out the Elissa and the
cruise ships in Galveston had breakfast at Mitchells pier on Port
Industrial Blvd and had a nice sail back to Clearlake a total of
around 140 miles. Only bummer was cut my foot open walking on the
oyster reef, going to have to get me an oyster rake for sure. Hope you
enjoyed you weekend as much as we did.

Joe
John Cairns

Nah, had to work. Sucks. Anyways, good story, you guys need to get a
webshots album(free) post up some pics, always interested is seeing what
other sailing grounds look like.
John Cairns
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Joe

"John Cairns" wrote in message .com...
Nah, had to work. Sucks. Anyways, good story, you guys need to get a
webshots album(free) post up some pics, always interested is seeing what
other sailing grounds look like.

Will do John.

Joe

John Cairns
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
The future of yacht design - myth number 2. Frank ASA 2 June 28th 04 03:40 PM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
sail horsepower? William R. Watt Boat Building 21 November 5th 03 02:36 AM